DevOps Engineer2020 - PRESENTStreamlit
Technologies: Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Pulumi's
- Built out several different ways of hosting a Streamlit application across both AWS and Azure with well-documented README files so that users could use these examples for themselves.
- Created the CircleCI build and deploy process to automate the release of the platform components for the Streamlit for All platform. The Streamlit for All platform allows users to deploy/host a Streamlit application.
- Iterated on the build process to speed it up from the original implementation by parallelizing the building of the platform service Docker images.
- Moved the team from the Golang version of Pulumi to the TypeScript version of Pulumi. Additionally, I obtained several GCP resources that were created manually tracked by Pulumi (infrastructure as code).
DevOps Architect | Consultant2019 - PRESENTProvisions Group
Technologies: Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Amazon EKS, NGINX, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Supported clients with setting up secure Kubernetes platforms for delivering PHP or .NET applications using Helm charts.
- Assisted customers with setting up centralized logging infrastructure in an AWS environment using Elasticsearch, Kinesis, Cloudwatch, and Lambda.
- Provisioned AWS and Azure resources in Terraform to provide infrastructure as code that is predictable and repeatable across environments.
- Provided solutions for customers through Lambdas for RDS backups and log aggregation.
- Configured Azure DevOps pipelines to provide continuous deployment of Kubernetes applications through Helm charts.
Senior Systems Engineer2016 - PRESENTRamsey Solutions
Technologies: Python, Docker, AWS, Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), Pulumi's, AWS Cloud Development, TypeScript
- Migrated applications from running on VMs to running on AWS Elastic Container Service, which saved us thousands of dollars/year.
- Migrated from an on-premises data center to AWS to improve the availability and scalability of systems.
- Implemented monitoring and alerting services to ensure the system's availability and to implement changes based on alerts that could be resolved in an automated fashion.
- Built reusable patterns for infrastructure with tools like AWS CloudFormation, AWS CDK, and Pulumi.
- Migrated the company from one AWS account to an AWS Organization with AWS accounts for each business unit.
Software Consultant2014 - 2016Red C Tech, LLC
- Implemented zero-downtime deploys and guaranteed once a request hit the outer edge of our network that the request would be processed.
- Wrote unit, functional, integration, and performance tests for the platform.
- Participated in planning meetings to limit the scope of what could be delivered every two weeks to business partners.
Senior Programmer Analyst2012 - 2014IMT Insurance
- Executed pair programming on the API integration with LexisNexis to ensure that insureds were rated appropriately.
- Automated the process to keep customers' data segregated for compliance purposes.
- Made data translation layers between the Python Django applications and the legacy Windows and COBOL applications to ensure a smooth transition for customers.
Programmer2011 - 2012Rain and Hail Insurance
- Developed a tool to visualize the crop insurance policies where the premium did not match the federal government premium calculation.
- Ran historical queries to provide data on policies and premiums to key stakeholders for future decisions.
- Introduced pair programming and test-driven development to the team to improve the speed and quality of software delivered.
Assistant Programmer Analyst2010 - 2011EMC Insurance
- Developed new integrations with third-party tools for the independent agents writing insurance policies with EMC.
- Tracked and fixed bugs via the custom error/bug tracking system.
Business Systems Consultant2009 - 2010Wells Fargo
- Enhanced an in-house VBScript desktop application to improve the underwriter workflow.
- Ran reports for executives to determine the backlog and rate of closings on mortgage applications.
- Implemented a data analysis to find loan applications that needed to have a decision made prior to a fine being imposed.