Scientist | Operations Researcher2016 - 2021Raytheon BBN
- Developed an application that scheduled and simulated particular capabilities of the Mobility Air Force, reducing the analyst time from two months to less than three hours.
- Conducted user research and developed an application that matched pilots to missions, taking into account training, qualifications, and airforce regulations. The system was capable of reducing scheduling time to five minutes.
- Optimized many applications, analyzing and fixing the algorithm structure, adding caching and multi-threading, sometimes reducing run time by as much as 90%.
- Created a tool that allowed for simultaneous scheduling of hundreds of aircraft, taking into account hundreds of constraints.
Software Development Intern2015 - 2015Athenahealth
- Optimized the tool until it could conduct a review of the entire multi-thousand file codebase in minutes.
- Used the tool to offer suggestions to the management level on where to focus their refactoring efforts.