Senior Front-end Developer2020 - PRESENTEmbraerX | Beacon
Technologies: React, React Native, Expo, GraphQL
- Built a React Native application to help manage airline maintenance schedules.
- Worked with existing React/React Native-based apps.
Freelance Senior Software Developer2018 - 2020University of Colorado Boulder (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Pandas, Spark, Terraform, AWS, Docker, Data Pipelines
- Built a distributed data pipeline using Airflow, Python and various AWS services including ECS/Fargate, Lambda, Glue, and S3 and provisioned with Terraform. The pipeline was well tested using tox, pytest and coverage.py.
- Created an anonymization framework for anonymizing confidential data using Pandas.
- Converted and modernized legacy SAS scripts into data transformations running in Spark.
- Developed a data API using the Serverless Framework and deployed it to AWS Lambda. The api was fully tested with Pytest and Tox.
- Helped support a React-based web app for managing data permissions and integrating it with Tableau.
Senior Software Developer2017 - 2018Buildstar
Technologies: Ionic, TypeScript, Angular, Cordova, ColdFusion
- Created a hybrid mobile app using the Ionic framework to extend a legacy web app.
- Added API endpoints to the existing ColdFusion back-end as needed.
- Assisted with testing and management of Kubernetes-based back-end and build scripts.
Senior Software Developer2014 - 2017Untappd | Next Glass
- Rewrote the Untappd mobile app using Ionic, Angular, TypeScript, and Cordova.
- Worked with three other developers to create the Untappd for Business platform using Ruby on Rails.
- Created the API and back-end services to support the Next Glass mobile app using Python, Flask, SQLAlchemy, and PostgreSQL.
- Developed a distributed image processing pipeline using Python, Celery, Redis, AWS S3, AWS SQS and Cloudinary.
Lead Software Developer2012 - 2013AcctVantage
Technologies: 4D, Angular, Sencha Touch
- Led a three-person development team to help expand a small business ERP application using the 4D language, database, and development environment.
- Built a modern REST API server from scratch on top of our legacy ERP system to enable the company to expand beyond our existing product line.
- Integrated the Magento web store into our application to create a two-way communication channel between our product and the online web store using the Magento SOAP API. This required creating a SOAP communication library from scratch to be embedded in our application.
Curator of Collections2010 - 2012Naples Botanical Garden
Technologies: Python, Heroku, App Engine, BG-Base, ArcGIS
- Created a responsive web app using Python, Flask, and PostgreSQL to allow garden staff to manage the garden's plant collections in the field.
- Wrote plant accession and management policies to for a living plant collection.
Technical Support Specialist | Foreman of the Garden2002 - 2010Belize Botanic Gardens | duPlooy's Jungle Lodge
Technologies: Python, PyGTK, SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite
- Created Bauble which is an open-source, cross-platform desktop application for managing plant collections.
- Managed the internal network of Linux and Windows computers with Active Directory.
Software Developer2000 - 2001Flavor Software
Technologies: Java, MPEG-J, MP4, JNI, C++
- Implemented the MPEG-J standard of the MPEG-4 specification to allowing interactive video files by programmatically manipulating the video's scene graph.