Vice President of Engineering2018 - 2019NGCodec
Technologies: Leadership, Python, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- Fixed a distressed startup by cleaning up all processes used in shipping a HaaS (hardware as a service) model.
- Put into place customer release procedures, quality assurance checks, and bug processes using Jira.
- Added better communication and documentation using Confluence. Having two sites (Santa Clara, Waterloo) required much better communication across the team.
- Incorporated performance indicators to measure team output. including bug close-downs, Jenkins regression progress, hardware area, and hardware speed reviews.
- Conducted code reviews of HLS (C++ for the hardware being used for FPGA development).
Vice President of Engineering2016 - 2017Psikick | Everlast
Technologies: Leadership, Verilog, C++, Internet of Things (IoT)
- Restructured engineering and focused on production rather than theory.
- Hired software, hardware, silicon, and verification teams.
- Created product definition processes and plan of records,.
- Mentored up-and-coming leaders, expressing the need to measure and act on data.
Vice President of the Advanced Controller Group2013 - 2015Micron Technology
Technologies: ARM, SoC
- Reorganized all of Micron's digital logic and embedded software teams into the controller group.
- Oversaw eMMC, UFS, SSD, HMC, and future DRAM and NAND controllers.
- Managed a large engineering organization with over 660 members worldwide that covered China, UK, and several US sites.
Vice President of the Engineering Mobile Business Unit2002 - 2013NVIDIA
Technologies: Integrated Circuits, Verilog, Android, SoC, Leadership
- Hired and built a Tegra engineering team from scratch to 1,000 people.
- Shipped in the first Google/Motorola tablet, Motorola phone, and shipped in many cars including the first Tesla Model S and Tesla Model X.
- Responsible for several products at different development stages, from architecture through end of life.
- Built NVIDIA's first Android software and Linux kernel teams.
- Created a low-power design inside NVIDIA, given Tegra is a low-power SOC design.
Senior Director1996 - 19983DFX
Technologies: 3D Graphics
- Shipped 3DFX's Voodoo graphics products (Voodoo2, Voodoo Banshee, and Voodoo 3).
- Architected a triangle setup and front-end algorithms.
- Designed Verilog and C models.
- Oversaw the first Windows capable 2D engine in the Banshee product.