Verified Expert in Engineering
Brian is a back-end developer who focuses on building resilient and scalable systems while achieving optimal response times. He enjoys writing code that makes strong abstractions on product requirements while thinking about infrastructure needs—producing software that is easy to deploy and maintain.
Docker, Tmux, Vendor Independent Messaging (VIM), Linux
The most amazing...
...professional work I've done is to take ownership of a broken system component that nobody wanted to touch and make it bring value to the business.
Senior Software Engineer II
- Maintained multiple Gol and TypeScript-based back-end microservices for looking up, normalizing, and storing consumer credit reports from Equifax, Experian, and Transunion.
- Migrated a legacy Python service to Go that wraps a C library for performing bureau report output normalization.
- Migrated a back-end service to switch over connections for making next-generation Equifax requests from a legacy system.
Senior Software Engineer
- Implemented a full-stack SSH keys feature in the platform's user settings.
- Enhanced and fixed Kubernetes Autoscaler of a public cloud platform.
- Maintained and balanced GPU allocation across three public cloud regions.
- Rewrote a legacy back-end software to Go microservices.
- Bootstrapped the AWS infrastructure using Terraform.
- Defined the deployment and test procedures to migrate away from legacy software.
- Implemented a Kubernetes service IP advertisement over BGP.
- Installed a selective IP address assignment based on Kubernetes node selectors.
- Rearchitected a user registration workflow involving Zendesk and AWS Marketplace integration.
- Reduced the workload of a service that would handle more than 10 million records a day down to a few thousand.
- Bootstrapped the effort to Dockerize a portion of our monolithic codebase.
- Built multiple RESTful services from scratch, including one that would handle nearly 1 million requests/min.
- Investigated various AWS technologies for integration with the product.
- Performed daily management of the development, testing, staging, and production environments from log monitoring to issue tracking/debugging.
J&M Heating and Cooling Home Page Redesignedhttp://jmheatingandcooling.com/m
Go, Python, Java, C++, C, SQL, TypeScript
Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Linux, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), XenServer
Flask, Bootstrap 3
AWS ELB, RabbitMQ, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Terraform, Vendor Independent Messaging (VIM), Tmux, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), NMap, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB, Google Cloud
Concurrency, Scalability, Fintech
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Villanova University - Villanova, PA, USA