Verified Expert in Engineering
Windows, Linux, Git, Node.js, Next.js
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a learning platform that helps people learn English the way people learn to program.
Principal | IT Consultant
Information Technology Associates
- Developed multiple small to medium web apps, solo and in a group, implementing a front end and back end on both, leveraging several stacks. The sites are function-heavy, including workflow, accounting, time management, and real estate management.
- Led developers in teams during the construction phase of large, complex software systems. Mentored junior members, wrote code, performed QA, and prototyped challenging parts of the systems for others to flesh out.
- Collaborated with clients like CalPERS, Brooklyn Union Gas, Capital Group, OOCL, Robertson Stephens, Credit Suisse, Florida Power & Light, and Yamaha during all phases of software development, including analysis, design, coding, and maintenance.
- Improved the performance of several mission-critical systems such as Hughes Aerospace, General Motors, and Brooklyn Union Gas by as much as a factor of seven.
- Managed a small software consultancy firm. Trained several individuals in object-oriented and web technologies. Vetted, placed, guided, and resolved issues concerning IT consultants.
- Bid, won, and executed multimillion-dollar projects at UniHealth, the United Nations, and California ISO.
- Founded a startup in the learning space and developed a platform that facilitates learning skills more actively, in non-real-time, and an iterative, visible, and discreet manner.
- Recruited and collaborated with technical, coaching, and business development associates.
- Managed four software developers, two business developers, and two language coaches remotely. Assigned tasks, facilitated collaboration, tracked progress, controlled budget, and ensured efforts, contributing to the overall improvement.
- Led the development of an MVP. Architected and implemented many custom Drupal modules that tracked learner activity, provided low-level feedback on the quality of the learner's work, and clearly demonstrated feedback for improvement.
- Created bots that employed AI and machine learning techniques to determine the efficiency of the learning material, feedback, and leaner efforts.
React, Vue, Node.js, jQuery, REST APIs
Agile, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST, Testing, Jamstack, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), DevOps, HIPAA Compliance
JSON, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MySQLi, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
Nuxt.js, Laravel, Symfony, Next.js, Redux, MUI (Material UI), Tailwind CSS, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Express.js, Bootstrap, React Native, Twig, Jest, OAuth 2
GitHub, Apache, Jenkins, Git, IBM Cognos, Jira, Webpack, Figma
Drupal 7, Drupal, Firebase, LAMP, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, WordPress, Mobile
Jurist Doctor in Law and Justice Administration
Concord Law School - Alameda, CA, USA
Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
University of Texas at Arlington - Arlington, TX, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Texas Tech - Lubbock, TX, USA
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)