Senior Back-end Software Engineer2019 - 2021Divvy
Technologies: Elixir, Phoenix, GraphQL, Apache Kafka, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, PostgreSQL
- Led development of a credit card payment application that handled $1+ billion worth of payments with zero downtime and no critical bugs.
- Advocated and implemented observability and monitoring for our high touch and critical third-party integrations resulting in fewer production outages and quicker IR resolutions.
- Provided informal training and mentoring for many back-end engineers through code review, pair programming, and onboarding new engineers.
- Led a development team of four engineers for a new credit card partner.
Full-stack Software Engineer2017 - 2019InfiniD Learning
Technologies: Node.js, WebSockets, React, Redux, REST, Electron, MongoDB
- Led back-end development by encouraging and implementing engineering best practices and architecting scalable solutions.
- Built Gitlab CI/CD pipelines that increased shipping velocity and confidence.
- Designed a migration plan from Java Swing desktop to cloud needed for business growth and agility.
- Defined the MVP and set targeted milestones needed for the launch at the beginning of the new school year. Involved in all aspects of Kanban development cycle, including gathering user requirements and writing user stories.
Full-stack Software Engineer2015 - 2017Sewell Direct
Technologies: C#, .NET, React, Windows Forms (WinForms), MSSQLCE
- Suggested and replaced product search using MSSQL with Elasticsearch that increased sales conversion rate by 10% and internal omnisearch performance by 90%.
- Profiled application and database performance to find areas of improvement that decreased page load time from five seconds to under one second, resulting in increased conversion rate.
- Chose and led the adoption of React by vetting software needs, preparing training materials, and implementing new feature work using React resulting in increased programmer happiness.