Principal Engineer2017 - PRESENTFlow Cannabis Co.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Redis, Jenkins, AWS, SQL, Sass, CSS, HTML, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, React, Agile Software Development, Architecture, Bootstrap, Database Modeling, Front-end Development, Full-stack, Git, GitHub, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), Bootstrap 3, Scrum, NPM, Underscore.js, Responsive, Web Application Architecture, jQuery, REST, JSON, Lodash, Schemas, RESTful APIs, Ruby on Rails 5, PostgreSQL, APIs, Looker
- Architected and implemented a new accounting layer within the back office system to accurately track accounts payables and accounts receivables.
- Created a new eCommerce platform that allows wholesale customers to view available inventory, place reservations, view order history, and communicate with account managers.
- Performed an end-to-end API integration with the California track and trace system, METRC. This includes automatic registration of new items, packages, and adjustments and the creation of transfer templates.
- Implemented a full API integration with LeafLink to publish brands, products, inventory levels, availability, images, batches, lab report PDFs, and orders.
- Expanded our custom inventory management system's functionality to allow for accurate inventory tracking from purchase to sale.
- Performed migration from Heroku to AWS. Used EC2, CodeDeploy, CloudWatch, S3, Route 53, and RDS.
Software Architect2016 - 2017Riffyn, Inc.
- Developed a user interface to allow non-technical people to create SQL statements with dropdowns and drag-and-drop.
- Built a Docker image for our customers to use, allowing them to access local, secure data sources and push data to the Riffyn platform.
- Built the API for Docker containers to communicate within our hosted environment. These APIs allowed our customers to push data collected by local equipment into the Riffyn platform.
- Worked on a drag-and-drop user interface for customers to be able to define R&D experiments (multiple steps with multiple inputs and outputs) and the relationships between those experiments. Visualization was performed using D3.js and React.
Co-founder2014 - 2017Yodata
- Created an API server that dynamically generated Mongoose models from open source schemas.
- Built an OAuth authentication system for users to grant applications permission to their data.
- Built and managed the AWS hosting environment, including, but not limited to EBS, EC2, S3, SMS, SQS, and ElastiCache.
Co-founder2013 - 2014Weather Elements, LLC
- Created Racing Elements: a Formula-1 themed weather app for iOS and Android.
- Developed the Selfie Analyzer: a funny iOS app that reports how awesome or lame your selfies (self-generated photos) are.
- Built and submitted apps to the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Developed an API server that monitored specific Twitter feeds to aggregate and display them within the Racing Elements app.
- Created a prototype iOS app for a product called Buzz Station. The app allowed users to splice photos and videos on their phones, apply transitions, effects, title slides, and text overlays, then export them to several video hosting platforms.
Web Developer | Senior Technical Architect2002 - 2013CoreLogic
- Co-created Agent Achieve, a CRM platform for the real estate industry.
- Developed two template-driven websites in C# ASP.NET: one for brokers/offices and one for agents (including listing, office, agent search, lead generation forms, and more).
- Created most of the user portal/CRM website, including contacts, tasks (single and recurring), notes, calendar, email, website management, lead management, marketing, concierge, etc.
- Built the billing system for individual agents to be able to pay for upgrades to the platform. This included a multi-tier, flexible product building system, recurring payments, emails, and invoices.
- Developed a Windows service that synced MLS data from over 60 MLS RETS servers every 15 minutes. We were the first software provider to the real estate industry to maintain this frequency.
- Created a browser-based email client with a UI similar to Outlook, which supported multiple accounts, had a drag-n-drop ability, nested email folders, attachments, meeting requests, and more.
Senior Web Application Developer2001 - 2002Prudential California Realty
- Rewrote Prudential's webtop CRM product in only three months.
- Fixed the commission reporting engine that an outside consulting company created; had to rewrite almost 60 complicated SQL Server stored procedures to fix account issues.
- Aggregated MLS data from 13 different counties in California and Nevada, providing Prudential's customers with the most robust real estate search in their market at the time.
- Designed a user management system that allowed users to belong to teams, offices, companies, and franchises.
- Maintained the hosting environment for the servers, including installation and configuration of Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server (clustering), and hardware/network configuration.