Verified Expert in Engineering
Security Engineer and Developer
Brian is a highly accomplished technology executive and solutions architect who continues to build an extensive track record of success. As a full-stack developer and data architect, he designs solutions and matches client expectations to functioning business applications. As a cybersecurity leader, Brian builds and leads cybersecurity programs and professionals and develops for the changing cybersecurity environment.
The most amazing...
...things I've created are a CRM solution for an insurance company and a multi-state compliant cybersecurity program.
Information Security Officer
Community Healthcare System
- Supervised the information security team to ensure best practices.
- Oversaw the cybersecurity program and protected IT assets and digital information.
- Collaborated and coordinated with Corporate Compliance and all activities related to cybersecurity assessments, projects, and audits.
- Managed incident response and disaster recovery plans and incident playbooks to ensure resources' availability across the organization and eliminate or minimize business disruption.
- Coordinated cybersecurity and security incident response training.
VP of IT and Security
NAMIC Insurance Company, Inc. (NAMICO)
- Acted as the guiding force behind all IT and information security operations.
- Established the company's IT department and separated the network infrastructure from the parent company while creating a new cybersecurity program.
- Served as project manager, lead developer, and data architect, redesigning the proprietary CRM system—for underwriting, quoting, policy administration, and managing claims—data warehouse, and BI metadata models.
- Designed and managed a compliant cybersecurity program for a multi-state insurance company with key components such as policies, incident response, business continuity, disaster recovery plans, risk assessments, and penetration testing.
- Functioned as project manager and data architect for the website, supporting dynamic online applications.
- Developed and managed budgets, overseeing and approving all hardware, technology, and security purchases.
Baker Hill (acquired by Riverside Company)
- Drove the development of cutting-edge B2B banking solutions for national and international companies, including spending two years in Australia as lead solutions architect working with consultants to build several new applications.
- Contributed heavily to defining product core components, functional requirements, business rules, and the development roadmap.
- Created a series of enterprise infrastructure assets to enable seamless interfacing between Baker Hill's international solutions and a client's legacy system.
- Engaged as a key member of the technical sales team, delivering GAP analyses for proposals, which highlighted how company solutions would meet clients' current and future needs.
The cybersecurity program's key components included cybersecurity policies, incident response, business continuity and disaster recovery plans, cybersecurity risk assessments, penetration testing, and data classification. It complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard and the National Institute of Standards and Technology and utilizes the CIS SecureSuite standards and best practices.
Policy Administration System
I was the system architect, business analyst, lead developer, and data architect, developing a proprietary CRM system that supported an insurance agency and company. The system included a custom compliance module supporting the live updates to the rates, endorsements, and policy forms.
Penetration Testing, HIPAA Compliance, DevSecOps, DevOps, App Development, Web Architecture, DDoS
Dropbox, Windows, Azure, Linux, WordPress, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Cybersecurity, IT Security, Security, Insurance, Network Security
SQL Server 2014, Database Administration (DBA), Database Security, Azure Active Directory, MySQL
SAP BusinessObjects (BO), Information Security, Architecture, File Systems, Risk Assessment, Compliance, Security Policies & Procedures, Data Security, Web Security, Privacy, Data Privacy, Application Security, Web App Security, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, ISO 27001, ISO 27002, Single Sign-on (SSO), Rapid7 Solutions, Governance, Web MVC, PCI DSS, NIST, Web Development, Incident Response, Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery (BCDR), Data Architecture, CISO, Ethical Hacking, SIEM, Vulnerability Assessment, Functional Design, IT Systems Architecture, Security Architecture, Risk Management, IT Management, LDAP, Threat Modeling, Data Protection, Data-level Security, Data Encryption, Secure Coding, Technical Writing, Identity & Access Management (IAM), Business Services, Mobile Security, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), System Administration, Antivirus Software, IDS/IPS, Monitoring, Group Policy, IT Governance, Data Governance, Security Engineering, OWASP Top 10, Network Administration, Budgeting, Cross-functional Collaboration, Security Audits, OFAC, Containers, PCI, Cloud Security, Active Directory Programming, Hacking, SOC 2, Cloudflare
MS Exchange, Apache
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
InsightIDR Certified Specialist
InsightVM Certified Administrator
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Certified Chief Information Security Officer (CCISO)