Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2019Hanzo Archives
Technologies: Python, Go, Webkit, Docker, Postgres
- Worked on migrating legacy software platform from Amazon Machine Images to Docker Containers.
- Helped design and implement low maintenance on-premise variant of SAAS offering through the use of custom orchestration of Docker Swarm.
- Assisted with ongoing migration from Python 2 to Python 3.
- Research and design work around new functionality for integrating e-discovery workflows with Slack.
- Maintenance of existing legacy software.
Senior Developer2015 - 20171&1 Internet
Technologies: Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, Python, Django, Go, C#, Ruby, Selenium
- Instigated the process of porting old software from Delphi to C#.
- Implemented modern software for automated configuration of Cisco switches.
- Member of the team which created a self-service container hosting platform based on Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift.
- Introduced a continuous integration and deployment system for Docker images.
- Introduced using Python 3 for building REST APIs.
Technical Architect, Lead Developer2013 - 2015Fasthosts Internet
- Improved a self-service domain registration system to scale to hundreds of TLDs.
- Created a large scale Ruby on Rails shared hosting platform.
- Introduced new technical coding and documentation standards department-wide.
- Collaborated with internal non-technical product owners to design solutions for implementation by development teams.
- Coordinated with suppliers and regulators to ensure technical compliance.
Developer2011 - 2013Fasthosts Internet
- Contributed to updating and modernizing the self-service domain registration system.
- Introduced unit testing to back-end components of the service platform.
- Led development for a project to introduce multiple different types of storage to the self-service virtual private server platform.
- Triaged and closed operational issues.
Technical Manager, Developer, System Administrator2000 - 2011Lawyers Online
- Created a full in-house customer relationship management (CRM) for service, order, and task management.
- Developed an automated invoicing with direct debit payment reconciliation.
- Built an automated broadband ADSL and WLR3 telephone line provisioning.
- Developed an automated server management for web and email hosting.
- Customized network router firmware.
- Developed an email anti-virus and spam filtering service with web-based quarantine controls.
- Implemented a new dual homed IPv4 and IPv6 network.