Head Software Development2021 - PRESENTCacheNetworks
Technologies: Go, Node.js, IP Networks, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), Team Leadership, Management
- Was responsible for all software development within the company. Oversaw project timelines and tasks. Managed all members of the development team.
- Built back-end technology for automated provisioning and management of the main CDN product.
- Implemented administrative tools and interfaces to assist the customer support teams.
Software Developer2019 - 2021CacheNetworks
- Implemented new CDN functionality and features in response to requests from end-users. Worked closely with both end-users and stakeholders within CacheFly.
- Implemented a real-time internal dashboard and web admin tool using Python, Vue.js, and WebSockets to provide easier monitoring and management of the global network.
- Implemented agent software to allow for easy remote control and configuration of all servers.
- Implemented new back-end systems to provide optimized automation of provisioning and maintenance tasks.
- Advocated for software development best practices and ensured others were aware of the reasons for the methodology.
Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2019Hanzo Archives
Technologies: Kubernetes, Go, PostgreSQL, Docker, WebKit, Python
- Worked on migrating legacy software platform from Amazon Machine Images to Docker Containers.
- Helped design and implement low maintenance on-premise variant of SAAS offering through the use of custom orchestration of Docker Swarm.
- Assisted with ongoing migration from Python 2 to Python 3.
- Researched and designed new functionality for integrating e-discovery workflows with Slack.
- Maintained existing legacy software.
Senior Developer2015 - 20171&1 internet (United Kingdom)
Technologies: Kubernetes, Go, Selenium, Ruby, C#, Django, Python, Docker, OpenShift
- Instigated the process of porting old software from Delphi to C#.
- Implemented modern software for automated configuration of Cisco switches.
- Was a member of the team which created a self-service container hosting platform based on Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift.
- Introduced a continuous integration and deployment system for Docker images.
- Introduced pattern of using Python 3 for building REST APIs.
Technical Architect | Lead Developer2013 - 2015Fasthosts Internet
- Improved a self-service domain registration system to scale to hundreds of TLDs.
- Created a large-scale Ruby on Rails shared hosting platform.
- Introduced new technical coding and documentation standards department-wide.
- Collaborated with internal non-technical product owners to design solutions for implementation by development teams.
- Coordinated with suppliers and regulators to ensure technical compliance.
Developer2011 - 2013Fasthosts Internet
- Contributed to updating and modernizing the self-service domain registration system.
- Introduced unit testing to back-end components of the service platform.
- Led development for a project to introduce multiple different types of storage to the self-service virtual private server platform.
- Triaged and closed operational issues. Required investigating the root cause and implementing fixes as appropriate.
Technical Manager | Developer | System Administrator2000 - 2011Lawyers Online
- Created a full in-house customer relationship management (CRM) for service, order, and task management.
- Developed an automated invoicing with direct debit payment reconciliation.
- Built an automated broadband ADSL and WLR3 telephone line provisioning.
- Developed automated server management for web and email hosting.
- Customized network router firmware to include auto-provisioning capabilities and company branding.
- Developed an email anti-virus and spam filtering service with web-based quarantine controls.
- Implemented a new dual-homed IPv4 and IPv6 network.