Verified Expert in Engineering
Bruce is a senior full-stack developer with almost a decade of experience. Being an expert in React and Java, but also have a great experience with Ruby on Rails, Node.js, and Python. He is very interested in agile processes and unity testing, having worked as a scrum master and project manager for three years. Bruce is also very critical of your code and has a good eye for UI/UX, thanks to years of working side-by-side with designers and helping them to develop components and user interfaces.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Slack, IntelliJ IDEA, DBeaver, Docker, RubyMine, Terminal, Chrome
The most amazing...
...tool I've created is a Java architectural pattern, which I named State Manager. It was based on Redux and was focused on unit tests and predictability.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed new features based on our product requirements that helped the company increase its ARR.
- Collaborated with the product team, giving feedback and brainstorming new ideas to improve the product and add new users to the platform.
- Contributed to the engineering team, suggesting a meeting to discuss patterns, fixes, and bugs, so we could increase our codebase by keeping the same patterns for the whole app and avoid missed communications between the team.
- Integrated Stripe using Stripe's API into the platform to create a monetization feature where users can sell their content.
- Used Google Drive API, united Google Drive allows users to import their existing content into our platform easily.
Clever Canary LLC
- Developed a configurable architecture that allowed the application to use different looks and behaviors based on the configuration file.
- Helped the team to brainstorm new approaches to solve new challenges related to the system.
- Provided feedback about the team's organization and work processes.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Refactored the whole front-end app from Vue to React, applying good practices and patterns so the app would be easier and faster to maintain and evolve.
- Assisted the team in creating new features for the React Native app while refactoring old code and applying new patterns and code organization to be easier and faster to maintain and evolve.
- Provided constant feedback to other fields like management and design on improving our work processes.
- Integrated Shopify into the referral application by using Shopify's API.
- Developed the web application using a component-driven approach by starting the work build from the bottom up and using Storybook for component testing and review.
Senior Front-end Engineer
- Presented to the team the agile wheel, a process to discuss the team's maturity, strengths, weak points, and how to improve them.
- Conducted code reviews, making sure patterns and good practices were followed.
- Created a design system fully integrated with CMS Storyblok, allowing the marketing team to control the application's look and feel.
- Refactored the legacy Django template pages to react, ensuring that the new code was readable and organized and that clean code principle were applied.
- Helped junior's developers by doing pair programming and screen sharing and making myself available to discuss anything.
IT Project Manager
- Gathered with every team member to give feedback, discuss their goals, and ensure that their needs were met.
- Attended monthly meetings with the project's stakeholders, presenting the current status of the version in development and talking about future releases.
- Applied Agile methodologies using a mix of Scrum and Kanban to track teams' progress and manage tasks and sprints.
- Created a feasible roadmap of deliveries to attend to our client's needs while ensuring no over-promising releases.
- Designed complete documentation on the project's delivery with User Manual, Use Cases, and Architectural Diagrams.
- Supported the customer's success team, helping them with business rules and minor fixes.
- Attended weekly meetings with the Project Manager to discuss the current status and next steps. Being sure not to promise features and that the team's needs were being met.
- Presented workshops to help juniors and interns with best practices.
- Built a native iOS mobile app to help the Brazilian government to monitor and manage all health constructions using public money. This app was built using swift and ReSwift as software architecture.
- Configured Jenkins to be our CI tool, running all tests and checking code coverage before merges.
- Performed code reviews to ensure patterns and good practices were being followed.
- Developed an application to help the Brazilian government to monitor and manage all health constructions that use public money.
- Migrated from an old platform built using PHP to the new one, using Java, ensuring that all new business rules were followed.
- Created an application to allow Brazilian citizens to follow health constructions' status from scratch. The application was built using React with Redux on the front-end and Spring MVC to implement the APIs on the back-end.
- Prepared a new java architectural pattern based on redux focused on unit testing and predictability that was used as a new pattern to be followed.
This academic platform used public APIs to organize genomics data in a way that could be personalized for each organization, keeping a great UI and UX for the users.
Spring MVC, Next.js, Mockito, Angular, Jest, Vaadin, Spring 5, Redux, JUnit, Spring, MUI (Material UI), Spring Boot, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Django, GWT, Tailwind CSS, Express.js, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), React Native, Ruby on Rails 5, Bootstrap
React, REST APIs, Stripe, JasperReports, Node.js, Stripe API, Yup, Shopify API
Slack, Git, Figma, GitHub, Jenkins, IntelliJ IDEA, SonarQube, Docker Compose, Redux Thunk, IntelliJ, Terminal, Babel, React Apollo, Mongoose, Jira, Webpack, Unity 5, RubyMine
Unit Testing, Functional Programming, Testing, REST, Scrum, Kanban, Objectives & Key Results (OKRs), Agile, Gang of Four (GOF) Design Patterns, UX Design, UI Design, Test-driven Development (TDD), Responsive Web Design (RWD), Management, DevOps, Design Patterns, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Web Performance Optimization (WPO)
Web, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Docker, Oracle, Java EE, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, JBoss, Shopify, MongooseIM, AWS Lambda
JSON, DBeaver, PostgreSQL, Databases, MySQL, MongoDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), NoSQL
Algorithms, Leadership, Storybook, Full-stack, Front-end, Back-end, Software Engineering, Web Development, Source Code Review, Code Review, Software, Apps, Debugging, Web App Development, Pixel Perfect, Projects, IT Projects, Styled-components, Front-end Development, APIs, Single-page Applications (SPA), Headless Commerce, UI Development, Test Automation Frameworks, Design Systems, API Integration, Interviewing, Technical Hiring, Task Analysis, Team Management, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Server-side Rendering (SSR), Payment APIs, GraphQL API, Integration Testing, Software Architecture, Mockups, Design, CI/CD Pipelines, eCommerce, IT Project Management, SOAP, Content Management Systems (CMS), Responsive UI, Dashboards, Admin Panels, Cloudflare, Google SEO
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Federal University of Santa Catarina - Santa Catarina, Brazil
Kanban Methodology in Practice
Enterprise Agile Coach Cleiton Mafra
Architect Enterprise Applications with Java EE
V.office Consultores Associados