Ruby on Rails Developer
Bruno is a full-stack developer with a background in engineering and a massive passion for the product side. Working in startup environments, he’s amassed extensive experience wearing many hats and successfully carrying out nearly every role. What Bruno is currently up to is mentoring the Ruby track on the site Exercism.io. Some words that come to mind when describing Bruno are assertive, relentless, and optimistic.
Docker, Postman, Chrome, Git, Sublime Text, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've developed was a decentralized app called Blockvault that ranked #4 in the App Mining ranking (decentralized app category).
- Developed a decentralized alternative to 1Password in Vue.js.
- Integrated with Blockstack, a library to build decentralized apps that offer authentication, identity management, and storage.
- Launched successfully and reached #4 in the App Mining rankings and #5 on Product Hunt.
Co-founder | CTO
- Worked with a wide range of technologies and frameworks, namely in PHP and WordPress in the early days, and Ruby on Rails and Vue.js more recently.
- Built hundreds of websites and web apps for businesses of all sizes and industries.
- Helped several local startups launch (baboom.com, explicas.me, getskilled.eu, getfinta.com) as a consultant in Product Development, Business Development, Recruitment.
- Contributed to several open-source projects, e.g. 1) a simple URL shortener and URL click tracking tool, 2) a command line tool to change directories faster (~4,700 downloads on RubyGems), 3) a tool to integrate Git commits with tasks in Asana.
- Played every role in a small tech startup including those involving customer development, acquisition, retention, and customer support.
- Created the first car-sharing platform in Portugal.
- Developed the core platform in Cake PHP.
- Led a team of five and sold the platform to another company.
I worked as the sole developer of this decentralized application (built with Vue.js on top of Blockstack).
Technologies: Vue.js 2, Vuex, Axios, Blockstack, AlaSQL.js
I built the entire platform in Ruby on Rails and integrated the Stripe API for payment processing.
The app was used in production for two years in one coworking space, but it failed to become a successful business.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby on Rails 5, Chrome, Jest, Cypress, Bootstrap, JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
Vuex, Vue, Vue 2, jQuery, Ruby on Rails API, Stripe API
Git, Sublime Text, Postman, Trello, Asana, GitLab, GitHub, Zapier, RSpec, Jira, Mailchimp
REST, Agile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD)
PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL.js
APIs, Web Scraping, Airtable, Scripting
MacOS, Docker, Mailgun, Mandrill, Heroku, Blockstack, WordPress
Master's Degree in Software Engineering
University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering - Porto, Portugal