Front-end Consultant and Architect2020 - PRESENTFreelance
- Helped Labelbox ship their Contentful-backed website to enable the marketing team to quickly iterate on the content.
- Worked alongside NewBlue to implement a scalable front-end architecture that enabled us to quickly create over a dozen micro-front ends to drive animated graphics on their live broadcast software.
- Onboarded and managed another developer using the architecture I designed to scale our development efforts quickly.
- Implemented a real-time update solution using WebSockets and Webhooks in a scalable way.
- Created an architecture that allowed the team to integrate with several different OAuth providers frictionless.
Front-end Architect2017 - 2020Fetcher
- Migrated the app's UI from jQuery to React in the first three months while creating a custom-made component library, later used in two other company projects.
- Implemented a scalable front-end architecture and technologies' best practices to support the team's future growth.
- Improved the developer experience for the team by implementing a live documentation system for the component library to encourage code reuse.
- Taught existing and new team members the conventions and best practices for React and modern CSS (BEM, ITCSS).
- Developed a custom scaffolding solution for quickly creating new components and pages, making the onboarding process and development of new features significantly faster.
Senior Front-end Engineer2016 - 2017Sports Illustrated Play
- Built a distributed team to develop a web creator project with a modular drag-and-drop interface for creating youth sports team sites.
- Created new themes, layouts, and modules; maintained current ones, ensuring every possible combination looked great on all screens.
- Modified the development environment of the project, bringing it up to modern standards.
Front-end Developer | Team Lead2014 - 2016Agencia EGO
- Assisted the agency on the Santander Río CRM web app. Joined the ongoing project, leading the front-end development team.
- Collaborated with designers, product managers, and developers. Mentored the junior developers on the use of Angular.
- Acted as a front-end architect developing a proof-of-concept of the tech stack following the bank's strict guidelines.
- Onboarded three front-end developers into the stack I developed. After the stack proved to be a success, three more front-end developers joined the project using it.
Front-end Developer2014 - 2014Despegar.com
Technologies: Git, Grunt, Sass, Node.js, AngularJS
- Collaborated with the development team to build Viajeros.com, a user-curated database of travel.
- Migrated a legacy codebase to use AngularJs, which was the latest technology stack available at the time.
- Developed several custom components from scratch to use in various core features of the site and marketing landing pages.
- Implemented a great user experience, taking into account the design and specifications of product designers.