Verified Expert in Engineering
Web UX Developer
Blending the logic-wielding and problem-solving of an engineer with the visual sensitivity of a designer, Bruno brings over ten years of experience focused on modern front-end architectures. He is proficient with migrations, optimization, CRM, UI, and feels right at home speaking the language of both developers and designers. Bruno is an asset to any project, especially those requiring a technical and aesthetic background.
Manjaro Linux, Node.js, BEM, SCSS, Redux, React
The most amazing...
...front-end architecture I’ve developed was an online app for the biggest bank in Argentina while leading and mentoring six front-end developers.
Front-end Consultant and Architect
- Helped Labelbox ship their Contentful-backed website to enable the marketing team to quickly iterate on the content.
- Worked alongside NewBlue to implement a scalable front-end architecture that enabled us to quickly create over a dozen micro-front ends to drive animated graphics on their live broadcast software.
- Onboarded and managed another developer using the architecture I designed to scale our development efforts quickly.
- Implemented a real-time update solution using WebSockets and Webhooks in a scalable way.
- Created an architecture that allowed the team to integrate with several different OAuth providers frictionless.
- Migrated the app's UI from jQuery to React in the first three months while creating a custom-made component library, later used in two other company projects.
- Implemented a scalable front-end architecture and technologies' best practices to support the team's future growth.
- Improved the developer experience for the team by implementing a live documentation system for the component library to encourage code reuse.
- Taught existing and new team members the conventions and best practices for React and modern CSS (BEM, ITCSS).
- Developed a custom scaffolding solution for quickly creating new components and pages, making the onboarding process and development of new features significantly faster.
Senior Front-end Engineer
Sports Illustrated Play
- Built a distributed team to develop a web creator project with a modular drag-and-drop interface for creating youth sports team sites.
- Created new themes, layouts, and modules; maintained current ones, ensuring every possible combination looked great on all screens.
- Modified the development environment of the project, bringing it up to modern standards.
Front-end Developer | Team Lead
- Assisted the agency on the Santander Río CRM web app. Joined the ongoing project, leading the front-end development team.
- Collaborated with designers, product managers, and developers. Mentored the junior developers on the use of Angular.
- Acted as a front-end architect developing a proof-of-concept of the tech stack following the bank's strict guidelines.
- Onboarded three front-end developers into the stack I developed. After the stack proved to be a success, three more front-end developers joined the project using it.
- Collaborated with the development team to build Viajeros.com, a user-curated database of travel.
- Migrated a legacy codebase to use AngularJs, which was the latest technology stack available at the time.
- Developed several custom components from scratch to use in various core features of the site and marketing landing pages.
- Implemented a great user experience, taking into account the design and specifications of product designers.
NewBlueFX Web Controllershttp://www.newbluefx.com
I architected the front-end stack to allow quick iteration of these micro-front ends, enabling me to collaborate with an outsourced developer and implement over 15 different apps in 10 months.
At the start of the project, I was in charge of migrating the existing legacy codebase from a server-rendered app to a SPA using React.
I proposed a bottom-up approach, creating a custom component library alongside a living style guide documentation and code generation tools and enabling the migration to move forward quickly.
This system proved to be a success since I single-handedly completed the migration in my first three months with the company. After the migration, I constantly improved our architecture, onboarding and mentoring new front-end developers and ensuring we kept a high-quality codebase.
The component library was then used in three different projects to ensure consistency across all services and help ramp up development efforts.
Santander Argentina Online Bankinghttp://www.santander.com.ar
As the front-end architect, I started creating a proof-of-concept of the front-end stack; I ensured all the technical requirements were met and helped set up the development workflow.
From the start, I was in charge of onboarding and mentoring new front-end developers as the project moved on and continuously improving the stack I designed to make sure we follow best practices.
In sum, I developed a living style guide for our UI components, proposed a top-down approach when building new features, and ensured optimization for code reuse and better developer experience.
Bootstrap, Express.js, AngularJS, Foundation CSS, Redux, ASP.NET MVC, Angular, Unity, Electron
React, React Redux, Node.js, jQuery, Vue
Web Performance Optimization (WPO), Functional Programming, BEM
Web UX, Web UI, CSS3 Animation, Google SEO, Storybook, WebSockets, Styled-components, Airtable, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), UI Blueprints, UI Components, Front-end
Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, Git, Babel
WordPress, Contentful, Manjaro Linux, Docker
C# Scripting Fundamentals
Online Freelance Agency