Senior Director of Engineering2016 - PRESENTShareThis
Technologies: Node.js, CoffeeScript, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Python
- Oversaw the publisher platform, partner pixel management, application infrastructure, and audience builder projects.
- Led the work on a new publisher platform—creating seven new products for the company and contributing over 25% of the companies publisher network after just one year.
- Led the development of Audience Builder, a data management platform for ShareThis and close partners.
- Improved the operational efficiency of our data team and increased revenue 400% in one year.
- Worked closely with the product, sales, support, and marketing to keep teams aligned and focused on projects that will make a difference for the company.
Founder | CTO2013 - 2016Maestro
Technologies: Node.js, CoffeeScript, MongoDB, Firebase
- Built a real-time, scalable, indexible database using MongoDB and Firebase shards.
- Scaled a system across six Firebase instances to support more than 150,000 concurrent end users.
- Developed a white-label video live-stream product to help broadcasters engage their audience during events.
Director of Engineering2012 - 2012Event Entertainment Group, Inc.
Technologies: MySQL, WordPress, iOS, Android
- Developed a WordPress-based website for Ultra Music Festival's online web presence.
- Scaled the theme to work across more than different sites as UMF took their music festival around the world to new countries.
- Worked with local representatives in each country to translate content for the websites and train each team on how to use the system.
Founder | CTO2011 - 2012LessThan3
Technologies: Node.js, CoffeeScript, Backbone.js, MongoDB
- Built a platform for digital goods based on electronic music artists and their music.
- Developed shared online environments where users could spend time together, show off their music collections, and listen to music together.
- Participated in Stanford's StartX Accelerator Program.
Software Developer2008 - 2011Hulu
Technologies: Python, MySQL, Couchbase, CentOS, ActionScript, Flex
- Worked as one of two developers on the Hulu desktop project—launching a TV-based video experience before TVs had built-in applications.
- Designed and built a transcoding platform to manage and schedule petabytes of video data across our network; this was an optimization problem factoring network speed, disk read speed, CPU strength, file size, and content priority.
- Designed and built a CMS for managing Hulu's growing content library—this enabled the QA team to grow from 3 to over 20 people and work on content in multiple languages.