Head of Engineering2020 - PRESENTDomino's Pizza
Technologies: CyberArk, Cloudflare, Splunk, Imperva Incapsula, Static Application Security Testing (SAST), Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST), Vulnerability Management, Vulnerability Assessment, Firewalls, FortiGate, Checkpoints, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Azure DevOps, GitLab CI/CD, NIST, Penetration Testing, Burp Suite, Cloud Security, VPN, Risk Management, Identity & Access Management (IAM), AWS, Kubernetes, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Implemented a vulnerability management program resulting in a 70% reduction in instances of known vulnerabilities.
- Managed and maintained a large-scale international network consisting of four data centers, 5+ corporate sites, and over 500 retail locations.
- Tracked, maintained, and inventoried over $70 million worth of digital systems, including a cloud application, servers, and computers.
- Implemented a company-wide initiative to reduce the number of critical IT system vulnerabilities, which led to zero successful cyberattacks in two months.
Cyber Security Engineer2020 - 2020Domino's Pizza
Technologies: Azure, Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Cloud Security, VPN, Azure Key Vault, Azure Active Directory, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Completed a senior project in authentication security that cut the security risk of a working website by 70%.
- Implemented a vulnerability management program resulting in a 95% reduction in instances of known vulnerabilities.
- Developed a cyber security implementation plan that a big 2 audit firm independently assures, and presented it to the board quarterly.
- Managed the corporate firewall, improving the response time to implement changes by 50% over a year. Optimized the existing ruleset to decrease its length by 65%, making error-free maintenance easier.
Cloud Security Architect2014 - 2020Koc University
Technologies: AWS, PHP, Oracle, Serverless Architecture, Web Security, WordPress, Azure Active Directory, Azure Key Vault, Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Networks, Cloud Security, Azure, Kubernetes, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Slashed the risk of cyber attacks by 43% using automatic updates and training all 1,450+ employees in information security best practices.
- Increased user security impacting 2,100 employees across six offices by implementing single sign-on and 2-factor authentication systems.
- Implemented a new corporate security infrastructure reducing maintenance costs by 66% annually.
- Administered, deployed, configured, and troubleshot cloud services (AWS, GCP, and the MS Azure platform).
- Managed SIEM tools, monitored alerts, and performed security incident response activities and log management.
System Administration Senior Specialist2011 - 2014Koc University
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), DNS, AWS Route 53, BIND DNS, EMC NetWorker, EMC Avamar, Web Hosting, Grafana, Prometheus, VPN
- Oversaw the operating and monitoring of all infrastructure, including 24/7 support (Grafana, Prometheus).
- Designed architecture, deployed, configured, and troubleshot on cloud environments (AWS, GCP, and Azure).
- Maintained a secure and reliable server environment with 99,7% uptime for four years.
- Administered and maintained infrastructure of roughly 2,000 computers, 440 servers for more than four years.
- Conducted DNS administration (Bind DNS, Amazon R53), root cause analysis, troubleshot complex problems, performance-tuned, resolved operational issues, and interacted with vendors.