Co-founder2019 - PRESENTCloud Privacy Labs
Technologies: Go, GRPC, MongoDB, Kubernetes, Docker
- Designed and developed a privacy-enhancing technology using JSON/XML schema processors to implement privacy policies on data. Implemented JSON and XML schema validators and overlay processors using Go.
- Designed and implemented a multi-tenant SaaS consent management system using MongoDB as the database, and REST APIs with token/OIDC/cookie authentication running as Dockerized microservices on Kubernetes.
- Developed an open-source tool, using Go and gRPC to manage deployments and network resources remotely.
- Designed and implemented a multi-tenant SaaS data subject request management system using Go and MongoDB, with a front-end developed using Bootstrap and Revel web framework for Go, running on Kubernetes using a Dockerized microservice architecture.
Principal Software Applications Engineer2008 - 2019Red Hat
Technologies: Go, Java, JSON, XML, SQL, NoSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, MongoDB, Oracle, mysql, J2EE
- Led the development of customer-facing Red Hat subscription APIs using Go. Trained and mentored team members, deployed the system on Openshift and integrated it with 3scale API management platform and all back-end components.
- Led the development and integration of the open-source Lightblue enterprise data store framework to replace the Oracle database for web applications with MongoDB back end. Designed and developed multi-threaded join algorithms, APIs, etc. in Java.
- Designed and led the development of many Red Hat IT back-end services that deal with customer information, license keys, and subscriptions using Java/J2EE services on JBoss EAP. Implemented many of the service code and REST endpoints.
- Led JBoss Data Virtualization automated deployment and adaptation for the Red Hat Business Intelligence team. This work was presented at Red Hat Summit 2016 in San Francisco.
- Developed and deployed a self-correcting protocol and a SOAP web service for vendor integration to allocate and deliver registration numbers.
- Played a key role in the initial adoption of service-oriented architecture in Red Hat IT. Lead the initial implementation of JBoss for service deployment by porting business logic in Spring-based web applications into J2EE services.
- Developed open-source deployment tools to manage remote deployments, automated configuration management, OIDC token management, etc.
- Developed a storage driver for Docker registry to serve images stored on Akamai NetStorage using image metadata published by Red Hat build pipeline.
Senior Software Engineer2004 - 2007Thomson Dialog/Thomson West
Technologies: Java, J2EE, WebSphere, Eclipse
- Developed a distributed alert management system using Java to execute searches for users and email them a summary of found documents. The system supports auto-scaling based on load.
- Contributed to the development and maintenance of the Thomson Dialog's application back-end that deals with user management, term taxonomies, search results management, etc. using Java.
- Led the refactoring of the web application for the customer-facing front-end to a scalable architecture using Apache Struts.
- Designed and developed a text processing system to normalize entity names based on a predefined ruleset. Developed a prefix-tree based algorithm due to a large number of normalization rules.
Senior Software Architect1998 - 2004Netsco, Inc.
Technologies: Java, J2EE, EJBs, MDB, Oracle
- Led the development of the Netsco framework, containing a persistence engine similar to Hibernate, a JMS-based fault-tolerant replication and distributed workflow engine, and an application foundation framework for J2EE.
- Led the development and architecture of a military command control application running on JBoss using the Netsco framework replication and persistence engines.
- Developed CRM applications for different clients running on JBoss, Websphere, and WebLogic application servers.