- Innovation Center Program Manager2016 - PRESENTAir Force Sustainment Center, US Air Force
Technologies: Ruby, ActivRecord, Python3, MATLAB
- Developed a data-driven recruiting resource optimization algorithm that harvests open source data repositories to focus government resources on the best universities to engage for recruiting new engineers.
- Worked to determine the best strategy and business model for standing up innovation centers to support Agile integration of advanced manufacturing innovations into the Air Force Sustainment Center.
- Owner2015 - PRESENTThe Idea Cave, LLC
Technologies: Python3, C, C++, Swift, Bluetooth LE, Linux, iOS, Image Processing
- Awarded utility patent (pro se application).
- Developed advanced driver assistance device for iPhone users using patent-pending process and proprietary machine vision algorithms.
- Lead Process Engineer for Depot Maintenance, Ogden Air Logistical Complex2015 - 2016Air Force Sustainment Center, US Air Force
- Created a gated process tracking and reporting system for engineering managers using VBA for Excel.
- Created an automated reporting system for management of engineers, technicians, and planners for non-conforming technical assistance requests, using smart card PKI authentication to the Oracle back-end database using VBA for Excel.
- Created a program management forecasting and tracking tool for monitoring multiple independent parallel projects consisting of identical and serial subtasks. Currently used for monitoring contracts and human resourcing.
- Developed a custom workflow application for Sharepoint 2013.
- Led multiple rapid improvement events to solve inter-organizational shortcomings in best engineering and business practices.
- Deputy Director, Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Engineering2013 - 2015ICBM Systems Directorate, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, US Air Force
- Directed the ICBM Systems Engineering Office and four technical engineering operating locations supported by seventy civilians, 25 AD military personnel, and 100+ contractors.
- Exercised engineering authority over the Minuteman III weapon system.
- Handled $1B+ annually in acquisitions, sustainment, and test programs.
- Directed and managed resources to provide 24/7 engineering expertise for nuclear emergencies.
- Special Assistant for HUMINT Support2011 - 2013Air Force Technical Applications Center with Duty Under DIA Directorate for Technical Collection
Technologies: Ruby, C, C++, USB firmware and drivers, MATLAB, Signal and image processing
- Conducted specialized rapid reaction engineering addressing multiple HUMINT technical collection capability gaps.
- Chief, Missiles Technical Collection Division2010 - 2011Air Force Technical Applications Center with Duty Under DIA Directorate for Technical Collection
Technologies: C, C++, MATLAB, Signal and image processing
- Supervised the work of five military and civilian engineers and scientists addressing research, development, testing, and evaluation of missile technical collection capability gaps.
- Planned, directed, and executed highly classified, national-priority intelligence technology programs valued at more than $4.8M.
- Chief, High Power Microwave Computational Physics Section2009 - 2010Directed Energy Directorate, Air Force Research Laboratory, US Air Force
Technologies: C, C++, Python, Distributed Computing
- Led and supervised a team of nine civilian scientists responsible for modeling and simulating high-energy physics weapons for lethal and non-lethal military applications.
- Developed and maintained physics code for virtual prototyping weapons with applications ranging from electronic warfare to non-lethal deterrence.
- Chief, Performance Analysis Branch2008 - 2009Airborne Laser System Program Office, Aeronautical Systems Center, US Air Force
Technologies: MATLAB, Java, Finite Element Analysis
- Led a multidisciplinary team of 23 scientists and engineers chartered to perform mission-critical analyses for the Airborne Laser, supported by multi-tiered modeling and simulation capability.
- Directed $6.9M/year corresponding to 47,805 man-hours of contracted support.
- Chief, Technology Development Branch2007 - 2008Airborne Laser System Program Office, Aeronautical Systems Center, US Air Force
- Directed a multifaceted long-term technology development program for inserting advanced capabilities into the Missile Defense Agency's next-generation production model Airborne Laser weapon system.
- Managed $40M/year in technology investments.
- Full Time PhD Student in Electrical Engineering2003 - 2007Air Force Institute of Technology
Technologies: C, C++, MATLAB, Image Processing, Signal Processing
- Researched modeling, simulation, and estimation of optical turbulence.
- Wrote and published the Covariance Delineation Theorem for computationally efficient optimization of simulators for random processes in n-space.
- Electro-Optics Research Engineer2000 - 2003Sensors Directorate, Air Force Research Laboratory, Air Force Materiel Command, US Air Force
Technologies: MATLAB, IDL, Image Processing, Automatic Target Recognition
- Conducted research on electro-optic infrared remote sensing phenomenology for spatial-spectral detection and identification of concealed targets in urban, desert, and forested environments.
- Full-time Master of Science Student in Electrical Engineering1998 - 2000Air Force Institute of Technology
Technologies: C, C++, MATLAB
- Researched real-time color stereovision processing.
- Researched statistical pattern recognition and artificial intelligence.
- Optical Tracking Engineering1997 - 1998National Air Intelligence Center, Air Intelligence Agency, US Air Force
- Directed analysis and production of technical intelligence assessments on foreign optical tracking and surveillance facilities.
- Located, identified, and analyzed new tracking facilities and assessed foreign operational procedures and capabilities to identify and track US space assets.