Verified Expert in Engineering
ISO 27001 Developer
With over 11 years of hands-on experience working in infrastructure from data centers to the cloud, Byron is an open-source enthusiast who loves to learn new things every day. He's also an AWS-certified solutions architect and always strives to put all of his infrastructure projects through source control.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux
The most amazing...
...project I've done was a Jenkins instance completely immutable and able to run in Docker by installing and configuring all of the plugins at build/run time.
- Migrated Jenkins into source control and made it fully immutable using various plugins and Groovy scripts to configure Jenkins and all of its jobs.
- Secured the AWS environment and standards and helped the client achieve ISO 27001 certification.
- Migrated all Python applications to Docker and leveraged multi-stage builds to decrease image sizes for more efficient deployments.
- Deployed Atlantis to manage Terraform changes through pull requests to increase visibility among the team.
- Leveraged an AWS EC2 container service and application load balancer to introduce microservice architecture.
- Wrote Python script to monitor all user's access key age and rotated every 90 days using Lambda, Cloudwatch Events, and Google sheets. This helped towards achieving ISO compliance.
Director of IT Infrastructure
- Managed the cloud (AWS, Rackspace), a service provider (Datapipe), and internal infrastructure.
- Configured the back-end infrastructure with Ansible and EC2 instances running Node.js, MongoDB, and Nginx.
- Oversaw all technological purchases of IT services and equipment, operating within a $2 million budget, and outlined policies for all equipment.
Immutable Jenkins Server
Converted Batch Server to Immutable Infrastructure
Achieved ISO 27001 Certification
Bash, Python, Java
Terraform, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), AWS IAM, Vault, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Jenkins, Ansible, Git, VPN, AWS CodeDeploy, Packer, Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
DevOps, DevSecOps, HIPAA Compliance
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Docker, AWS ALB, Amazon EC2, Ubuntu, Windows, Kubernetes, AWS Lambda
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redshift
ISO 27001, Compliance, Consul, Amazon RDS, Atlantis, Pritunl
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Fairfield University - Fairfield, CT
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate