2015 - PRESENT
- Migrated Jenkins into source control and made it fully immutable using various plugins and Groovy scripts to configure Jenkins and all of its jobs.
- Secured the AWS environment and standards and helped the client achieve ISO 27001 certification.
- Migrated all Python applications to Docker and leveraged multi-stage builds to decrease image sizes for more efficient deployments.
- Deployed Atlantis to manage Terraform changes through pull requests to increase visibility among the team.
- Leveraged an AWS EC2 container service and application load balancer to introduce microservice architecture.
- Wrote Python script to monitor all user's access key age and rotated every 90 days using Lambda, Cloudwatch Events, and Google sheets. This helped towards achieving ISO compliance.
Technologies: AWS, Docker, Terraform, Vault, Consul, Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), AWS ALB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon CloudFront CDN, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), Redshift, AWS RDS, Python, Node.js, Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy, ISO 27001, Compliance, HIPAA Compliance, Security, Packer, Ansible, Atlantis, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Kubernetes, DevOps, DevSecOps, AWS IAM
Director of IT Infrastructure
2012 - 2015
- Managed the cloud (AWS, Rackspace), a service provider (Datapipe), and internal infrastructure.
- Configured the back-end infrastructure with Ansible and EC2 instances running Node.js, MongoDB, and Nginx.
- Oversaw all technological purchases of IT services and equipment, operating within a $2 million budget, and outlined policies for all equipment.
Technologies: AWS, Windows, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS ALB, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), DevOps, DevSecOps, AWS IAM