Verified Expert in Engineering
Cagdas has 20 years of experience in software design, development, and maintenance using a broad range of technologies. He has proven communication skills with clients, management, and technical teams in addition to expertise with web applications, big data, data modeling and analysis, systems architecture, and performance engineering.
MySQL, React, Node.js, WebStorm, Linux, Windows
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a system that updates inventory, fulfills orders, and uploads shipments automatically between Amazon/eBay/websites and a network of vendors.
VP of Automation Technologies
- Designed and created a client portal that enables customers to submit support tickets, manage services, update payment methods, pay outstanding invoices, and purchase additional products and services. Integrated Netsuite and Salesforce. Single page application with load-balanced web servers. Results: 100,000+ users, 11,000+ tickets.
- Architected and oversaw the development of a store, quoting system, license management system, and recurring billing system (Angular 2+, Node, Koa, MySQL) with automatic license creation for purchases.
- Architected and oversaw the development of cloud automation utilities such as VM/user creation, password resets, etc. The back end was built with C# .Net Core, and the front end with Angular 2 and Koa. Secured with MFA.
- Created distributed web crawler with Java, Scala, and Spark to fetch pages using Chrome.
- Built machine learning models with Java, Scala, Spark, and R to classify web content. Made it available in Java Spring API. Developed training data entry UI in React / Cordova application.
- Designed and created OrderPigeon, a service that updates inventory levels, ships orders, and carries shipments between suppliers and eCommerce sites such as Amazon, eBay, and Magento. Integrated with 50+ vendors and 10 order channels. Used PHP, MySQL, Linux, and AWS.
- Designed and built CatalogSync, a product content management system for extracting, transforming, and loading product data between vendors and eCommerce sites. Created custom Magento API for faster updates. Used PHP, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows, and AWS.
Director of Engineering
- Consolidated company servers and codebase. Designed and created a cluster system with load-balanced web, email, and DNS services, MySQL and Memcached back end, and Lustre parallel file system as SAN. 10,000+ websites in a single framework.
- Designed and created an eCommerce store and billing system that can provision websites and domains.
- Created mailer system in PHP cron jobs for newsletters with parallel sending, velocity and acceleration checks that worked on multiple IPs. Improved delivery rates to 150,000 emails/day.
- Built OLAP data warehouse and business analytics dashboard for reporting key performance indicators. Improved performance of the main client reports from 15 minutes to 20 seconds.
- Optimized SQL queries and stored procedures. Improved MS SQL Server CPU usage by 24%.
HSBC Auto Finance
- Created dealer CRM system in Perl and MySQL. Completed data migration from Salesforce and older systems. Reached active employee user base of 400+. Over 13,000 dealer contacts were collected and segmented. More than 15,000 calls and 70,000 visits were recorded.
- Created data mart and enhanced 20+ business intelligence reports for effective performance management and process optimization. Received two excellence awards.
- Solved long outstanding problem in SQL database engine B-tree indexes in C++. Update and delete performances increased by as much as 100%.
- Integrated VeriSign and PayPal electronic payment solutions with Miva e-commerce package using MivaScript proprietary XML language. Expanded customer base and increased gateway revenue.
- Reverse engineered and customized subscription billing solution for company services. Migrated old billing system. Results: savings over $50,000 per year.
- Innovated new features for optimizing linear regression and Fourier forecast algorithm parameters. Secured a $2 million contract by surpassing rivals in forecast contest with over 40% improved accuracy. Developed with VB6, C# (interop), and SQL stored procedures.
- Optimized MS SQL queries and ETL processes. Increased data import speed 5 times by using OLAP/MDX and forecast performance by more than 100% by flattening SQL stored procedures.
- Re-factored VISA/Mastercard electronic payment server code with DB2 migration. Heavy volume transaction times dropped from 7-8 seconds to below 1 second. Reached record transaction volume.
- Developed web application (C++ on AIX Apache and CICS back end) to provide temporary cards to customers who apply for store credit cards. Increased transactions by more than $50,000 per month.
- Fixed all bugs of in-house VB6 recurring billing solution given to member merchants and re-factored code to improve performance. Reached a record volume of more than 100,000 transactions per month.
Angular, Spring, ASP, ASP.NET, Angular Material, MUI (Material UI), Express.js, Koa, Spark
Node.js, MLlib, React, Chai, Spark ML
Front-end Development, Web Services, SOAP, TSO, Multidimensional Expressions (MDX), Machine Learning, IIS, Qmail, Courier, NetSuite, Software Development Management, Software Development
MySQL, HBase, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), PostgreSQL, Oracle 10g, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM Db2, Memcached, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MVS
Git, DTS, JCL, Mocha, Spark SQL, WebStorm, Visual Studio, Solr, Apache, NGINX, Postfix, Jenkins
Oracle, Magento, Salesforce, Azure, Linux, Windows, FreeBSD, Solaris, AIX, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering
Bogazici University - Istanbul, Turkey
Finding Hidden Messages in DNA (Bioinformatics I)
Neural Networks and Deep Learning
Stanford University (Coursera)
Standford University (Coursera)