Verified Expert in Engineering
Caio is an SRE certified Kubernetes admin and experienced in scale and production on both AWS and GKE. He supports apps in a variety of programming languages and automates all work with Terraform and Kustomize. He's also worked with cloud-standard tooling like Prometheus Operator, Istio, and Hashicorp's Vault for great CI/CD as developers move fast.
Terraform, DevOps, Linux, Kubernetes
The most amazing...
...project was migrating EC2 instances deployed manually to fully automated Kubernetes clusters using Terraform and other tools with full CI/CD pipelines.
- Showed how to save $100,000 per year with better resources management inside Kubernetes clusters on AWS.
- Automated all DevOps tasks via pipeline to reduce the bus factor of the engineering team.
- Created setups with Terraform and other tools to have the whole infrastructure as code available to anyone within the company.
- Migrated production clusters between AWE and GKE with minimum downtime.
SRE and DevOps Culture
- Set up the company's first Kubernetes cluster to migrate services from Google App Engine to it, with heavy logging and metrics.
- Promoted the DevOps culture within the company, as part of the engineering team.
- Enabled developers to integrate existing CI pipelines with a fully automatic CD pipeline to constantly deploy new container images to the clusters with no manual intervention.
- Worked on the Ubuntu phone project enabling developers with a build system automatic deployments on top of OpenStack environments.
- Joined the online services team to take care of systems used by Ubuntu, cloud, and IoT devices with Snappy, using Python as the main programming language. Helped to improve the back-end deployments and setup with specific tooling.
- Helped a new engineering team in the company to develop Canonical's official distribution of Kubernetes using state-of-art of deployments and configurations with metrics, logging, HA, etc as a packaged ready-to-use product.
Crypto Derivatives Exchange Platform
Kubernetes, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenStack
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Production Support, Optimization, Prometheus, Shell Scripting, Ambassador API
Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Istio, Terraform, Vault, Helm, Jenkins, VMware vSphere
Bachelor's Degree in Linguistics
UFPR - Curitiba, Brazil
Kubernetes Certified Administrator
Cloud Native Computing Foundation