Senior Server Engineer2017 - PRESENTShaleApps
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), MySQL, Google App Engine, AWS, Elixir, Go
- Developed API for oil and gas industry-specific trucking logistics.
- Started project to re-write the entire application from the ground up using Elixir, including re-modeling of the data, and switching from Google AppEngine to Docker on Amazon AWS.
- Served as a member of the culture team to help move the company's culture in a direction that will allow for maximum long term productivity.
Senior Engineer2016 - 2017Enbala
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Elm, Ember.js, AWS, Riak, PostgreSQL, Elixir
- Worked on a team creating an application to allow a utility company to dynamically control in real time the assets within a large section of the power grid.
- Created the app from the ground up, replacing the legacy C++ system that could not scale. The new version can handle 100k assets, each receiving power meter data at various time intervals, and can summarize the entire grid within 100ms on a laptop.
- Deployed heavy use of Erlang's OTP libraries and methodologies.
Senior Engineer / Junior Architect2016 - 2016Athlink
Technologies: MySQL, GraphQL, Docker Swarm, Docker, Consul, Apache ZooKeeper, Apache Samza, Flink, Apache Kafka, Scala
- Worked on the architecture team, defining and creating libraries for producing and consuming data from a Kafka cluster.
- Created all Docker containers for all the pieces of the infrastructure from scratch.
- Created code to sanitize and import data from legacy MySQL servers.
- Designed spec for GraphQL interface upgrade to the APIs.
Senior Engineer2014 - 2016RogueWave
Technologies: Go, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), SolrCloud, Hadoop, Cloudera, HBase, Resque, Redis, MySQL, JRuby, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Developed a SaaS solution to allow companies to scan their source code to find any open source components or code, identifying the package, version, and related licenses. This was essentially a big data problem, storing the checksums for the top 250k open source packages.
- Spearheaded a project to refactor huge parts of the code to be more in line with enterprise design patterns, making the code more readable, correct, and drastically faster for testing.
- Created a custom bloom filter implementation and log file analyzer in Go.
Senior Engineer2013 - 2014Asynchrony
Technologies: Jenkins, Capistrano, Chef, Sidekiq, Redis, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cucumber, RSpec, Celluloid, Goliath, GrapesJS, Sinatra, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Developed various recruiting tools for the world's largest hedge fund company.
- Created ultra and proprietary secure file sharing application for iPad using a micro-services approach.
Senior Internal Tools Developer2012 - 2013Exegy
Technologies: MongoDB, MySQL, Underscore.js, jQuery, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Perl
- Created various internal tools mostly for the support staff.
- Rewrote a legacy Perl grammar parser with Ruby, making it drastically simpler to understand and modify.