Senior Server Engineer2017 - PRESENTShaleApps
Technologies: Go, Elixir, AWS, Google AppEngine, MySQL
- Developed API for oil and gas industry-specific trucking logistics.
- Started project to re-write the entire application from the ground up using Elixir, including re-modeling of the data, and switching from Google AppEngine to Docker on Amazon AWS.
- Served as a member of the culture team to help move the company's culture in a direction that will allow for maximum long term productivity.
Senior Engineer2016 - 2017Enbala
Technologies: Elixir, Postgres, Riak TS, AWS, Ember, Elm
- Worked on a team creating an application to allow a utility company to dynamically control in real time the assets within a large section of the power grid.
- Created the app from the ground up, replacing the legacy C++ system that could not scale. The new version can handle 100k assets, each receiving power meter data at various time intervals, and can summarize the entire grid within 100ms on a laptop.
- Deployed heavy use of Erlang's OTP libraries and methodologies.
Senior Engineer / Junior Architect2016 - 2016Athlink
Technologies: Scala, Kafka, Flink, Samza, ZooKeeper, Consul, Docker, Docker Swarm, GraphQL, MySQL
- Worked on the architecture team, defining and creating libraries for producing and consuming data from a Kafka cluster.
- Created all Docker containers for all the pieces of the infrastructure from scratch.
- Created code to sanitize and import data from legacy MySQL servers.
- Designed spec for GraphQL interface upgrade to the APIs.
Senior Engineer2014 - 2016RogueWave
Technologies: Ruby, Rails, JRuby, MySQL, Redis, Resque, HBase on Cloudera Hadoop, SolrCloud, AWS S3, Go
- Developed a SaaS solution to allow companies to scan their source code to find any open source components or code, identifying the package, version, and related licenses. This was essentially a big data problem, storing the checksums for the top 250k open source packages.
- Spearheaded a project to refactor huge parts of the code to be more in line with enterprise design patterns, making the code more readable, correct, and drastically faster for testing.
- Created a custom bloom filter implementation and log file analyzer in Go.
Senior Engineer2013 - 2014Asynchrony
Technologies: Ruby, Rails, Sinatra, Grape, Goliath, Celluloid, RSpec, Cucumber, MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, Sidekiq, Chef, Capistrano, Jenkins
- Developed various recruiting tools for the world's largest hedge fund company.
- Created ultra and proprietary secure file sharing application for iPad using a micro-services approach.
Senior Internal Tools Developer2012 - 2013Exegy
Technologies: Perl, Ruby, Rails, jQuery, Underscore, MySQL, MongoDB
- Created various internal tools mostly for the support staff.
- Rewrote a legacy Perl grammar parser with Ruby, making it drastically simpler to understand and modify.