Verified Expert in Engineering
Camilo has worked remotely for sites as big as the NBC Olympics website. He tries to keep up with new stuff, but is also focusing on what he believes to be long-term skills, for example Haskell. He has experience managing small dev teams and training as the CTO of a 30-person outsourcing company in Ecuador/Colombia/NY.
Windows, MacOS, PhpStorm, Git
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is the 2014 NBC Olympics site, on which many teams needed to be coordinated to bring a world-class Drupal experience to users.
- Performed interviews for applicants in the Drupal specialization.
- Created new tests and tasks used for the screening of Drupal developers.
Hintd (via Toptal)
- Implemented a complete redesign, revamping the back-end code to match the new face of the site.
- Led the development of new features, including being part of the decision process.
- Handled the development side of the project, including managing tasks for other developers.
- Designed custom logging and background processes to handle the more complex pieces of the project, and to be able to generate reports used for decision-making.
- Handled a severe DDoS attack by implementing security features that effectively stopped the attacks.
Designer and Sole Developer
- Created an innovative way to organize activities meant for workshops.
- Created UX wireframes for all pages in the site and visual design for the actual implementation.
- Worked closely with an Ecuadorian human rights institution to add initial content.
Senior Drupal Back-end Developer
- Worked on several Drupal sites for clients such as Pfizer and the Red Cross.
- Created custom Drupal modules to handle specific functionality, such as a "save for later" function for forms.
- Heavily customized the Entity Forms module.
Senior Developer, Tech Lead
Code and Theory
- Worked in the development of huge websites for global audiences, the largest (NBC Olympics) handling over a billion visitors in a period of less than a month.
- Led a small team of developers in the implementation of the San Francisco travel website.
- Handled a complex site migration (the Golf Channel site) to Drupal, including content import of thousands of articles.
- Fixed many issues involving load testing for high-traffic sites, using tools such as New Relic.
- Worked closely with teams from companies such as Google, Adobe, Akamai, and Acquia.
- Helped grow the company from only a handful of employees to over forty.
- Established processes and specialized systems for hiring and training developers. Involved in the professional growth of dozens of talented people.
- Created a system for tracking candidate developers, on top of Drupal.
- Worked with many clients, mostly in the US and Canada, on high profile projects such as the NBC Olympics website.
Co-founder, Architect, Lead Developer
- Architected and built the entire back-end of the application, and coded a lot of its front-end as well.
- Guided other developers who later worked on the project, to ensure a stable codebase.
Leyes del Ecuador
- Created an iOS app to show Ecuadorian laws.
- Created a "virtual corkboard" function to take notes from the law texts, complete with skeuomorphic graphics and animations.
- Added in-app purchases for other laws.
- Created many of the base components for a custom PHP framework that was built from scratch, the most visible being a complex reusable "list view" component.
- Implemented functionality that reached thousands of users in the education sector.
- Implemented functionality for a social network for military families (with the Sesame Street brand).
- Migrated the company website to Drupal, including a large portfolio section.
Online Freelance Agency
- Achieved a perfect score for all the projects.
- Among many other projects, worked on an interesting script to parse poker game logs for PokerStars.com, extracting key information for the games.
- Implemented many bits of functionality for the MetroLyrics.com site, such as a copy/paste prevention script and various embeddable widgets.
- Developed a Contacts application using .NET.
- Created a complex search page with custom filtering to sort through the contacts.
- Worked in several high-profile projects for Ecuador.
- Created a scalable search algorithm for a 100k+ article newspaper site that reduced search times from over a minute to under a second.
This is still a work in progress, but there is some real content, and it has already been useful for creating workshops around the Ecuador 2016 earthquake.
Leyes del Ecuador para iOShttp://www.facebook.com/LeyesEC
Acquia Grand Master Certificationhttp://certification.acquia.com/user/136
Top 3% Overall in Stack Overflowhttp://stackoverflow.com/users/368864/cambraca
The primary objective of this project was to construct a foundational model for Zend Framework. These classes enable seamless database mapping and provide convenient features such as automatic collections. While this code is not executable, the corresponding GitHub repository contains test code for evaluation purposes.
NBC Olympics Site
React, Vue, jQuery, Facebook API
Git, GitHub, PhpStorm, Adobe Lightroom, YouTrack, Jira, NGINX, NPM, Adobe Illustrator, Subversion (SVN), Adobe Photoshop, Apache, Let's Encrypt, Docker Compose, Grunt
Algolia, Drupal 8, Drupal 7, MacOS, Docker, Windows, Linux, Drupal, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Omniture, Android, iOS, Zendesk
MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), JSON/XML Schemas, Memcached
React Native, Zend Framework, Symfony, Laravel, AngularJS, Prototype Framework, Svelte
Agile, Functional Programming
Systems Engineer Degree in Computer Engineering (Cum Laude; Minor subject in Mathematics)
Universidad San Francisco de Quito - Quito, Ecuador