Senior Software Engineer2012 - 2016Senzari, Inc.
- Wrote the automation scripting for distributed tasks, using the Luigi library, written in Python - mostly for fetching a musician's social info and ingesting it into a big database for further usage/exposition.
- Wrote, extended, and helped maintain a global Data Access Object for handling music's queries for playlists, musician's metadata, and musical recommendations.
- Briefly wrote Hadoop routines for ingesting and analyzing XML/JSON data from specific clients/providers into a database using Titan + Cassandra.
- Extended and maintained a playlist and music engine written in Django using Tastypie to expose the logic as a REST service.
- Wrote a small REST service using Django and PostgreSQL to create music profiles of clients/users, for later consumption of the rest of the services pipeline (see the Portfolio for the rest of the details).
- Wrote a set of micro/small services running on top of NodeJS to handle incoming requests, aggregate/filter/preprocess them and then pass them to a backend service (either a REST service, or a database).
Software Engineer2005 - 2011Novell
Technologies: Windows Forms, .NET, Mono, C#
- Maintained the System Windows Forms library, part of the Mono framework, an Xlib-based implementation of the Windows Forms controls, to be used under Linux mostly.
- Helped to implement the Mono's Class Library (the base library layer of the .NET reimplementation, written in C#).
- Helped briefly with improving the MonoDevelop IDE port of Windows.
- Implemented some features of the C#'s compiler for the 2.0 version of the language (properties accessor modifiers, friendly assemblies/libraries, external alias qualifiers).
- Implemented some routines for the Reflection layer of the Mono framework, which expose the metadata of the running assembly/binary for further loading, binding, and inspecting (mostly done in the C side).