Verified Expert in Engineering
Carlos is a software engineer with more than 11 years of experience in the mobile area, starting with J2ME, Homebrew, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone, and he currently works with Android and iOS since the early versions. Carlos always likes to keep up to date with the latest technologies and versions.
Python, REST APIs, JSON, Android Studio, Xcode, Gradle, Apple TV, Android TV, Flutter, Node.js, XCUITest, Espresso, Travis CI, Jenkins, Git, MacOS, Java, Kotlin, Android, Objective-C, Swift, iOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on was a suite of applications focused on the medical field. These applications were used by patients participating in clinical trials.
The Weather Group - Main
- Worked in designing, developing, and maintaining a high-quality Android app specialized in OTT.
- Participated actively in code reviews, fostering a culture of continuous improvement within the development process.
- Worked with Jetpack Compose, Clean Architecture, and MVVM.
- Migrated different sections of the code from MVP to MVVM architecture.
- Implemented new designs for the most used sections of the app.
- Implemented new features such as a player graph to show stats using Android Canvas.
- Implemented accessibility to support the system's font sizes for the visually impaired on a project named Parsable. Helped with the maintenance and support using Swift as a primary language, XCTests for unit testing, and Appium for automated tests.
- Contributed to an Android application used for the US military to help them create reports for maintenance and inspections they perform in the field.
- Redesigned the architecture of a savings app for iOS. Created an SDK of UI components that can be reused on multiple screens.
Lead Mobile Developer
- Deployed more than 50 different apps over five years for different US customers, with SDG&E as one of the biggest with a large user base.
- Served as the team lead of a team of ten members, half of them overseas. Assigned tasks for daily work and managed standups.
- Helped the company to transition from a startup to scale-up until a large healthcare firm acquired the company.
- Developed iOS and Android apps for a social network that was going to be launched for a city in the United States that allowed users to post notes in different locations on a map.
- Helped and mentored junior members of the team with daily tasks.
- Helped in the back-end maintenance and created different web services used by the applications.
- Migrated different games to phones with limited capabilities, reducing memory and disk utilization and improving FPS for a better game experience.
- Converted big game titles from mobile devices to be played on Mac computers using different tools such as SDL and in-house graphic engines. Created different algorithms to handle keyboard and mouse controls.
- Migrated a mobile advertisement library to MacOS, which was used globally by many teams helping to speed up development and integration.
Video Player for iOS and Android
App for Fire TV and Android Devices
Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, Java, TypeScript, Python, C++, Perl
REST APIs, Node.js, Facebook API, Facebook SDK, WebRTC, RxJava
Git, Xcode, Apple Push Notifications, Jenkins, GitLab, Crashlytics, Android Jetpack, Travis CI, Gradle, Android Studio, Subversion (SVN), GitLab CI/CD
Cross-platform, Requirements Analysis, PMBOK
iOS, Android, MacOS, Bluetooth LE, Firebase, Android TV, Apple TV, BREW, tvOS
JSON, Cloud Firestore, Databases, MySQL
Architecture, App Store, Google Play Store, Apps, Mobile Apps, Native Mobile Apps, Mobile App Development, Push Notifications, Algorithms, Game Development, Leadership, Software Development, Software QA, Data Structures, Game Programming, Web Programming, Resource Management, Project Evaluation, Risk Assessment, Business Strategy, Business Administration, Strategic Planning & Execution, 3D Games, 2D Games, Bluetooth Beacons, Mobile GPS, Location Services, Dynamic Loading, Hybrid Apps, Over-the-top Content (OTT), TV, Fire TV, tvOS UI
Espresso, XCUITest, SwiftUI, Flutter, .NET, NHibernate, Dagger, Android SDK
Master's Degree in Information Technologies
TecMilenio - Mexico
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Universidad Autónoma de Baja California - Mexico
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring