Carlos has a strong technical background focused on web technologies. He has mastered Ruby on Rails, among other tools, but his focus is on background implementations. For over ten years, he has been managing a web development team as its technical lead and a developer.
Cloud66, Heroku, GitHub, Git, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
The most amazing...
...websites I've made performance improvements on were required to handle millions of visitors a month.
- Implemented GraphQL queries and mutations to migrate away from the current REST API implementation.
- Upgraded the app to Ruby on Rails 6.
- Improved overall performance on the test suite.
- Supported and maintained a REST API.
- Contributed to several database migration endeavors: Enforced overall referential constraints at the database level, improving a data migration framework.
- Developed a Ruby on Rails API.
- Supervised the work of a 10+ person team doing back- and front-end work.
- Reviewed code (using GitHub) of all code submitted to the repository. Recommended best practices to other team members and oversaw architectural changes.
Managing Partner/Senior Developer
- Directed technical projects on Ruby on Rails applications. Scaled web apps to handle heavy traffic.
- Managed a team of developers. Provided technical consulting to the team and handled technical decisions for the applications.
- Handled tech interviews, evaluating the skills of potential new hires, both hard and soft.
- Performed code reviews on other people's code. Accepted code requests and assessed the quality of the code.
Lead Back-end Developer
- Implemented an automated test suite to cover the majority of the codebase which was originally not tested.
- Integrated third-party services fetching data from multiple sources to our platform.
- Implemented a GraphQL API to expose information to the front end.
- Connected Google Cloud Storage accounts with the application.
- Set up and implemented a business intelligence platform (Sisense).
- Used CloudWatch to gather and report detailed metrics about storage use on AWS.
- Reviewed code for other team members.
- Implemented and documented API endpoints with Swagger.
It's also an email marketing tool allowing sellers to send massive volumes of email to their clients, which are automatically imported from the marketplaces.
I have written all the back-end code for this project in Ruby on Rails for the past two years. It currently uses Rails 4.2 and MongoDB+Mongoid as a database.
It handles background tasks with Resque to connect with external APIs and massive email sending.
I have personally migrated the project to the latest version of Ruby on Rails (4.2 at the time) and MongoID 5.1
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Swagger, Sinatra
RSpec, GitLab, GitHub, Basecamp, Cloud66, Git, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS SDK, Bitbucket, Trello
Heroku, New Relic, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Google Cloud SDK, Amazon EC2, DigitalOcean
Front-end, Scalability, Performance Optimization, Optimization, Ruby on Rails Consulting Specialist, Leadership, WebSockets
Shopify API, Mongoid, jQuery, Vue
Redis, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Database Caching, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Memcached, MySQL, Google Cloud, Google Cloud Storage, SQLite
Master's Degree in Business Administration
Universidad del Norte San Tomás de Aquino - San Miguel de Tucuman
Engineer's Degree in Computer Engineering
Universidad Tecnologica Nacional - Facultad Regional Tucuman - San Miguel de Tucuman