Lead Back-end Developer2017 - PRESENTSeatCrawler
Technologies: Ruby on Rails
- Implemented an automated test suite to cover the majority of the codebase which was originally not tested.
- Integrated third-party services fetching data from multiple sources to our platform.
- Implemented a GraphQL API to expose information to the front-end.
Managing Partner/Senior Developer2006 - PRESENTInsignia SRL
- Directed technical projects on Ruby on Rails applications. Scaled web apps to handle heavy traffic.
- Managed a team of developers. Provided technical consulting to the team and handled technical decisions for the applications.
- Handled tech interviews, evaluating the skills of potential new hires, both hard and soft.
- Performed code reviews on other people's code. Accepted code requests and assessed the quality of the code.
Back-end Developer2016 - 2017Aces TSS
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud
- Connected Google Cloud Storage accounts with the application.
- Set up and implemented a business intelligence platform (Sisense).
- Used CloudWatch to gather and report detailed metrics about storage use on AWS.
- Reviewed code for other team members.
- Implemented and documented API endpoints with Swagger.
- BoxUp (Development)http://www.boxupgo.com
BoxUp is an eCommerce platform developed to connect small businesses and corporate ERPs and the leading Latin American eCommerce platforms (MercadoLibre and TiendaNube).
It's also an email marketing tool allowing sellers to send massive volumes of email to their clients, which are automatically imported from the marketplaces.
I have written all the back-end code for this project in Ruby on Rails for the past two years. It currently uses Rails 4.2 and MongoDB+Mongoid as a database.
It handles background tasks with Resque to connect with external APIs and massive email sending.
- Gugu Guru (Development)http://www.guguguru.com
I'm responsible for the overall architecture, reviewing the code implemented by the development team.
I have personally migrated the project to the latest version of Ruby on Rails (4.2 at the time) and MongoID 5.1
- INSIGNIA (Development)http://www.insignia4u.com
This is my own website. A simple website with the code open sourced to work also as a code sample.
It has a simple front-end with a back-end to manage all the information.
It runs on the latest Rails 5 version.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Swagger, Sinatra
ToolsRSpec, GitLab, GitHub, Basecamp, Cloud66, AWS CloudWatch, AWS SDK, Bitbucket, Trello
OtherFront-end, Scalability, Performance Optimization, Optimization, WebSockets
Libraries/APIsMongoid, jQuery, Shopify API
PlatformsNew Relic, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, Linux, Google Cloud SDK, AWS EC2, DigitalOcean
StorageRedis, AWS S3, Database Caching, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Memcached, MySQL, AWS RDS, Google Cloud Storage, SQLite
- Master's degree in Business Administration2011 - 2013Universidad del Norte San Tomás de Aquino - San Miguel de Tucuman
- Engineer's degree in Computer Engineering1999 - 2006Universidad Tecnologica Nacional - Facultad Regional Tucuman - San Miguel de Tucuman