API Developer2019 - PRESENTCRU
Technologies: GraphQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Implemented GraphQL queries and mutations to migrate away from the current REST API implementation.
- Upgraded the app to Ruby on Rails 6.
- Improved overall performance on the test suite.
- Supported and maintained a REST API.
- Contributed to several database migration endeavors: Enforced overall referential constraints at the database level, improving a data migration framework.
Lead Developer2018 - 2019Toptal Client
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Developed a Ruby on Rails API.
- Supervised the work of a 10+ person team doing back- and front-end work.
- Reviewed code (using GitHub) of all code submitted to the repository. Recommended best practices to other team members and oversaw architectural changes.
Managing Partner/Senior Developer2006 - 2019Insignia SRL
- Directed technical projects on Ruby on Rails applications. Scaled web apps to handle heavy traffic.
- Managed a team of developers. Provided technical consulting to the team and handled technical decisions for the applications.
- Handled tech interviews, evaluating the skills of potential new hires, both hard and soft.
- Performed code reviews on other people's code. Accepted code requests and assessed the quality of the code.
Lead Back-end Developer2017 - 2018SeatCrawler
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Implemented an automated test suite to cover the majority of the codebase which was originally not tested.
- Integrated third-party services fetching data from multiple sources to our platform.
- Implemented a GraphQL API to expose information to the front end.
Back-end Developer2016 - 2017Aces TSS
Technologies: Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Connected Google Cloud Storage accounts with the application.
- Set up and implemented a business intelligence platform (Sisense).
- Used CloudWatch to gather and report detailed metrics about storage use on AWS.
- Reviewed code for other team members.
- Implemented and documented API endpoints with Swagger.