- Chief EngineerPraxis Inc.2015 - 2017
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Django, Angular, React.js, Vue.js, iOS, Android, Swift, Java, Python, RSpec, AWS
- Designed and developed user-friendly websites with Angular and React, including an optimized check-out page that increased user clicks, and subsequently customer purchases by 25%.
- Developed Ruby on Rails RESTful APIs for website front-end and mobile apps.
- Created iOS and Android mobile apps using Swift and Java.
- Fixed bugs from existing Python/Django based websites and implemented enhancements that significantly improved web functionality and speed.
- Implemented unit and functional tests using RSpec and pytest.
- Deployed on AWS stack with auto-scaling, load-balancing, with continuous integration Jenkins and CloudWatch monitoring.
- Full-Stack Developer | Team LeadTravelClick2013 - 2014
- Developed dynamic and interactive React websites that ensured high traffic, page views, and a great user experience—resulting in a 30% increase in sales revenue.
- Implemented a Ruby on Rails server that expedited document generation and a search functionality by 20%—earning commendations and an award from upper management.
- Built the company’s internal communication tool using React Native which ensures a high level of security.
- Designed the processes for cleanup and performance improvement—minimizing downtime by 13%.
- Oversaw the full lifecycle of software development for nine projects with 100% on-time delivery while staying 4% under budget.
- Senior Developer | ConsultantJamersan LLC2012 - 2013
- Rewrote the customer-facing web portal in Angular to handle the increased user load and to improve performance.
- Developed a RESTful interface for communicating with a Java back-end and MongoDB.
- Created machine learning algorithms in Python to predict voter party affiliation, gender, demographic, voting likelihood, and more for a national voter filling system.
- Developed Objective-C frameworks to be reused and swapped out easily.
- Embraced the company culture while working in an Agile environment.
- Ruby on Rails DeveloperAmerican Greetings2011 - 2011
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Python, AngularJS, WordPress, Ngnix, Git
- Devised and deployed a Redis-based caching solution in Python that generated a 4-time improvement in server performance.
- Implemented a custom CMS so that the client could update information that changed from year to year.
- Built an internal management system for customer records and hardcopy record reconciliation.
- Supported internationalization.
- Developed numerous one-off product landing pages which sold products from email and ads.
- Contract Web DeveloperAydus LLC2009 - 2010
- Maintained, added new features, and resolved issues with an internal web server. The server was implemented in Java running on a Tomcat server with MS SQL Server as the database. It was a challenge to fully support different operating systems.
- Implemented a search engine using Elasticsearch.
- Added automated tests.
- Revamped web application security applications—minimizing hacker attacks from 3.8% to 0.05%.