Front-end Developer2019 - 2019Webscale Networks, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Optimized website performance by reducing API calls and balancing back-end API load.
- Implemented state management with Redux using NgRx in Angular.
- Enabled tests using Jasmine and Karma and wrote unit and E2E tests.
- Implemented the Angular runtime configuration.
- Upgraded the Angular version to the latest and utilized the best practices in refactoring and cleaning up codes.
- Drew high-complexity graphs using Highcharts to help assist in the visualization of the event traffic view.
- Helped fix and create pure Ruby-based back-end APIs.
Freelance Node.js Full-stack Developer2018 - 2019Applied Geographics, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, Node.js, LeafletJS, Carto, CartoDB, Redux, Sagas, Sass, Handlebars
- Built a React-based mapping application to analyze environmental cleanup sites in New York City.
- Incorporated Carto and Leaflet for mapping and hooked various events to meet customized needs.
- Assisted on Node.js back-end APIs and built semantic templates with handlebar.js.
- Connected to CartoDB and resolved timeout issue and improved geometry searching by optimizing database.
- Tied React and Redux-saga to fetch data asynchronously.
- Made an application cross-browser and mobile responsive.
Freelance Angular Developer2018 - 2018Knexus Research Corp. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Angular, OpenLayers, GIS, D3.js, Node.js, TypeScript, RxJS, Graphene, Sass, CSS3, Git, Git LFS
- Hacked into an enterprise project and continued adding new features.
- Upgraded the project to the latest Angular version.
- Refactored the codebase by updating old-style codes based on recommendations by Angular and TypeScript.
- Enabled a feature so that one could add multiple shapes and new features and functions on a custom map using OpenLayers.
- Connected to back-end services running on docker through REST and enabled data mocking.
- Implemented state management with Redux on Angular and persisted and rehydrated Redux stores.
Freelance Full-stack Mobile App Developer2017 - 2018Pixt Fashion (via Toptal)
Technologies: Swift, iOS, Python, Java, AWS, Android, AWS Lambda, Keras, TensorFlow, DynamoDB, AWS API Gateway
- Upgraded a Swift version to the latest and updated the pods.
- Reorganized a Git repository, refactored the whole codebase, and sorted out the project structure to follow MVVM.
- Created the development and staging environment for testing purposes against testing and production back-end and introduced App Version Manager to manage app upgrades and downgrades.
- Managed in-app data with Core Data and synced with Firebase.
- Implemented the back-end server architecture and improved the UI/UX.
- Oversaw and assisted in the implementation of a machine learning algorithm for image matching and recognition using Python and Node.js through AWS Lambda.
Chief Engineer2015 - 2017Praxis, Inc.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Django, Angular, React, Vue.js, iOS, Android, Swift, Java, Python, RSpec, AWS
- Designed and developed user-friendly websites with Angular and React, including an optimized check-out page that increased user clicks, and subsequently customer purchases by 25%.
- Developed Ruby on Rails RESTful APIs for website front-end and mobile apps.
- Created iOS and Android mobile apps using Swift and Java.
- Fixed bugs from existing Python/Django-based websites and implemented enhancements that significantly improved web functionality and speed.
- Implemented unit and functional tests using RSpec and pytest.
- Deployed on AWS stack with autoscaling, load-balancing, with continuous integration Jenkins and CloudWatch monitoring.
Full-stack Developer | Team Lead2013 - 2014TravelClick
- Developed dynamic and interactive React websites that ensured high traffic, page views, and a great user experience—resulting in a 30% increase in sales revenue.
- Implemented a Ruby on Rails server that expedited document generation and a search functionality by 20%—earning commendations and an award from upper management.
- Built the company’s internal communication tool using React Native which ensures a high level of security.
- Designed the processes for cleanup and performance improvement—minimizing downtime by 13%.
- Oversaw the full lifecycle of software development for nine projects with 100% on-time delivery while staying 4% under budget.
Senior Developer | Consultant2012 - 2013Jamersan, LLC
- Rewrote the customer-facing web portal in Angular to handle the increased user load and to improve performance.
- Developed a RESTful interface for communicating with a Java back-end and MongoDB.
- Created machine learning algorithms in Python to predict voter party affiliation, gender, demographic, voting likelihood, and more for a national voter filling system.
- Developed Objective-C frameworks to be reused and swapped out easily.
- Embraced the company culture while working in an Agile environment.
Ruby on Rails Developer2011 - 2011American Greetings
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Python, AngularJS, WordPress, Ngnix, Git
- Devised and deployed a Redis-based caching solution in Python that generated a four-times improvement in server performance.
- Implemented a custom CMS so that the client could update information that changed from year to year.
- Built an internal management system for customer records and hardcopy record reconciliation.
- Supported the internationalization.
- Developed numerous one-off product landing pages which sold products from email and ads.
Contract Web Developer2009 - 2010Aydus, LLC
- Maintained, added new features, and resolved issues with an internal web server. The server was implemented in Java running on a Tomcat server with MS SQL Server as the database. It was a challenge to fully support different operating systems.
- Implemented a search engine using Elasticsearch.
- Added automated tests.
- Revamped web application security applications—minimizing hacker attacks from 3.8% to 0.05%.