Verified Expert in Engineering
Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT) Developer
Cassidy has been coding since elementary school and is an expert in building websites and mobile apps. For over a decade now, Cassidy has been creating full-stack applications from scratch and now helps startups, businesses, entrepreneurs, and government agencies to develop and launch their own apps on the web and for mobile platforms such as iOS and Android.
Atom, MacOS, GitHub, Trello, Slack
The most amazing...
...thing I have developed was a wireless ad-hoc IoT network for gathering temperature data at a fraction of the cost of market products.
- Built a web-based mentoring platform for entrepreneurs using Django, Bootstrap, and jQuery.
- Created a feature to automatically pull in users' profiles from LinkedIn.
- Implemented subscription payments with Braintree.
- Hosted the platform on AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Built an app to help clients of Why Weight, a weight loss and life coaching company.
- Implemented features to let users track their weight, log food, and water intake and message the company’s life coaches.
- Integrated with a Bluetooth LE smart scale to automatically collect users' body composition data.
- Created a coaching dashboard for life coaches to view their clients' weight loss progress and message with them.
Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems
- Improved statistical face models developed at the institute.
- Designed a protocol to capture tens of thousands of 3D scans of human faces.
- Used deep learning to model the relationship between speech and facial motion.
Center for Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism
- Built a tool to analyze insider threats in airport cargo systems with a team of three other developers.
- Implemented the user interface in JavaFX.
- Met with and presented a tool to government officials in the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI, and more.
Booz Allen Hamilton
- Served as technical lead on a team that analyzed Twitter data for deceitful behavior with >95% accuracy.
- Designed methods to analyze Twitter data using data mining, statistics, natural language processing, and machine learning.
- Created analytics tools to predict viral content on Twitter.
- Developed a mobile app to assist in indoor navigation for iOS and Android.
My Resume, Rendered by Reacthttps://github.com/cassidylaidlaw/resume
Django, Django REST Framework, React Native, Bootstrap, Angular, Flask
Scikit-learn, Google AdWords, React, jQuery, TensorFlow, Keras, SpaCy, Google Maps, Twitter API, Google Maps API, LinkedIn API, SciPy, Matplotlib
Agile Software Development, Functional Programming
Deep Learning, Classification Algorithms, Natural Language Processing (NLP), GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Topic Modeling, Data Cleaning, BrainTree
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Slack, Trello, GitHub, Atom, Gradle, Blender, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects
WordPress, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon EC2, iOS, Linux, MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android, Parse Server, JavaFX
Double Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science
University of Maryland, College Park - College Park, MD, USA