Software Architect | Full-stack Developer2016 - 2018Market Realist
Technologies: Node.js, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, Angular, WordPress, Docker, Terraform
- Designed and implemented the new web architecture based on Node.js, MongoDB, Redis, and Angular.
- Migrated from a server-rendering WordPress to a client/server structure to support multiple clients like web browsers, Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows desktop.
- Created a new development environment based on Docker to set up all projects with only two commands.
- Optimized the cost of the servers to 50%, improving the response time to less than 1.5 seconds for the full load page.
- Led a team consisting of more than ten leading IT professionals (including developers, DevOps, UX/UI designers, and testers).
- Met all of the proposed objectives, working under the Scrum modality, always framed in the processes and group work.
Software Architect | Full-stack Developer2014 - 2016The Electric Factory
Technologies: WebGL, Node.js, OpenCV, SVG, SocketIO, MongoDB, Laravel, MySQL, JBoss, Microsoft SQL Server, React, Angular, Backbone.js, PHP, Drupal, WordPress, AS3, Adobe Flash
- Worked for more than 40 leading brands in the international market, including Unilever, Ford, Mazda, Coca Cola, Toyota, and Samsung.
- Supported the sales team in defining new projects.
- Held technical leadership over the eight-member team.
- Built innovative WebGL video games and digital experiences.
- Worked on a project supporting 200,000 online users at the time over Socket.IO and Node.js.
- Programmed CosmoLex law practice management software.
- Migrated from TFS to Git help organize the code in different branches to support continuous delivery.
- Established the development environment with Node .js and Gulp to reduce the kick-off time of new workers.
Software Architect | Co-founder2013 - 2013Hiring Room
Technologies: CodeIgniter, PHP, MongoDB, Backbone.js, WebRTC, AS3
- Participated actively not only in the implementation and development but also in the process of gestation of ideas and the call for investors. Wayra rewarded us with a monetary initial capital and coaching for the development of the project—highlighting the innovative and decisive characteristics of the idea.
- Designed and developed an innovative solution in dealing with unattended interviews using CodeIgniter, MongoDB. and Backbone.js.
- Developed an experimental WebRTC recording solution. It is important to emphasize that at this time, this technology was in its early state.
- Built an Adobe Flash AS3 and Wowza recording platform.
Software Architect2012 - 2013TopicFlower
Technologies: CodeIgniter, PHP, MongoDB, HTML5 Canvas, Node.js
- Designed and developed a solution to analyze the impact of a brand on various social media platforms using CodeIgniter and MongoDB.
- Held a technical leadership role over a five-member team.
- Created innovative HTML 5 Canvas data visualizations.
- Implemented background data processing on Node.js.
- Worked with a number of brands that use and rely on TopicFlower to analyze their impact on social networks including Nestlé, IBM, Peugeot, BBVA, Claro, Starbucks, Smirnoff, Burger King, Corona, Canon, America, Volvo, LG, MetLife, Movistar, BMW, Netflix, and Walmart.
Full-stack Web Developer2011 - 2012Modelos Digitales
Technologies: PHP, WordPress, Drupal, CodeIgniter, Zend Framework, Backbone.js
- Designed and developed digital marketing products for real estate companies.
- Standardized the base code of the different projects based on PHP in order to speed up the implementation of custom features required by customers.
- Held a technical leadership role over a 15-member team.
- Managed the FreeBSD/Linux servers.
- Promoted the implementation of Scrum as a work methodology which served as a catalyst for the realization of the proposed objectives.
Drupal Developer2011 - 2011Triple Smart
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Drupal, jQuery
- Created a base project to speed up the implementation of new sites for educational institutions.
- Developed a product that was adjusted to fit a specific market niche in the US. This resulted in a reduction of the product's costs and an exponential increase in turnover, which led to placing the product in more than 30 educational and recreational centers.
- Managed the company's Linux servers.
Middleware PHP Developer2010 - 2011Brandigital
Technologies: PHP, CodeIgniter, jQuery, AS3, HTML5
- Provided innovative PHP development solutions for renowned international brands that were part of the company's portfolio including Danone, Adidas, and Mastercard.
- Promoted the migration process from front-end development to open source technologies such as the HTML5 standard.
- Was awarded the company's "Young Promise" award, which was granted thanks to the vote of teammates and project leaders.