Web Developer2019 - 2019FoodSpace
- Fixed bugs.
- Supported adding new features in the back and front end.
- Built an API from scratch.
- Set up Heroku server.
- Implemented TDD with Rspec plus Swagger for API testing and documentation.
Rails Web Developer2018 - 2019New Ventures West
- Fixed pre-existing bugs.
- Supported the addition of new features.
- Connected between the app and different third-party APIs like FormStack and WordPress.
- Set up a staging server environment using Heroku.
- Worked with AWS S3 files.
Web Developer2017 - 2017Logan
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Postgres, MongoDB, Amazon S3, Heroku
- Developed in Ruby/RoR to maintain relatively new apps. There were four apps for different purposes and some were in version 4 and others in version 5.
- Built Postgres and MongoDB-based databases.
- Used Amazon S3 for file storage (mainly images, with some PDFs).
- Deployed to Heroku servers; I had to configure my local environment to work with it, do database backups, and restore backups from production server to stage server databases, among other things.
- Built front-end features in CoffeeScript.
Ruby Web Developer2014 - 2015Hashdog
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Postgres, MySQL, Haml, CoffeeScript, jQuery, CSS, Heroku, Amazon S3
- Worked on Ruby on Rails, fixing different applications/bugs.
- Implemented Twitter Bootstrap.
- Added Rspec tests to some new features.
- Worked on jQuery and CoffeeScript code.
- Worked on an eCommerce Spree app, adding features that helped show it to clients in the front-end information based on stock in stores.
Ruby Web Developer2014 - 2014Restorando
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Rspec, CoffeeScript
- Upgraded an existent Sinatra web app.
- Replaced the external service with internal Ruby tools.
- Worked on different front-end small changes.
- Added new test cases for changes or new Ruby code implemented.
- Added some background Rake tasks.
Ruby Developer2013 - 2014Mediyak, LLC
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Bootstrap, jQuery
- Refactored work on main Ruby libraries to order, clean, and fix them.
- Migrated the app from Ruby on Rails version 2.3.8 to 3.2.17.
- Migrated the Google Data Calendar version.
- Migrated the front end to Twitter Bootstrap responsive design.
- Added new features using Ruby language.
Software Developer2012 - 2012Inaka
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Riak, CouchDB, MySQL
- Worked as a freelance developer for a company based in Buenos Aires.
- Created Whispers, an app to share images taken by smart phones.
- Developed the back end of the app, in which administrators verify that loaded images are correctly formatted.
- Worked on another app involving using a CouchDB database and improving software that shares messages related to MTV series episodes on Facebook.
- Built EnglishGetIt and BuenoEntonces, two sites that teach the English and Spanish languages. The apps were created on RefineryCMS using MySQL as an RDBMS.
- Adapted the original design to incorporate features such as subscription through Facebook and data extraction from CSV files.
Software Developer2011 - 2011Cogwise Solutions
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, jQuery, Git
- Worked as a freelance developer for a company based in Tennessee.
- Created a web app for online medical records that gives access to physicians, hospital staff, and patients.
- Allowed users to load their patient records, appointments, and keep track of medical procedures.
- Wrote the back end using Ruby on Rails 3 and jQuery, and deployed on Heroku servers.
Software Developer2009 - 2011A 4 Bandas SA
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, jQuery, Git
- Worked as a freelance developer for a company based in Buenos Aires, adding new features to pre-existing projects.
- Wrote features for projects such as Fotoblog (a social network), Talento Argentino, and Listas (both web applications).
- Updated Fotoblog from the first version to a second version, adding video sharing tools, functionality allowing users to make friend groups, and a Facebook wall-type feature. The app was developed using Ruby on Rails 2.3, jQuery, and MySQL DB.
- Added back-end administrator tools to Listas, a platform to share user generated lists of items that also allows users to vote, rank, and share lists. Also worked on the front end to make the design compatible with the new features.
- Developed using Ruby on Rails 2.3 at first, and then later migrating to Ruby on Rails 3. Also used jQuery MySQL in the second version.
- Added front-end and back-end tools to Talento Argentino, an application that allows people to follow popular Argentinian TV programs. The tools allowed users to load videos and administrators to approve the videos.
- Wrote the app in Ruby on Rails 3, using jQuery and MySQL.
Software Developer2008 - 2011Facultad de Ciencias Económicas
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PHP, PostgreSQL
- Developed intranet apps using Ruby on Rails and coding in PHP.
- Used PostgreSQL and SQLite as databases.
- Coded in the Debian GNU/Linux environments.
- Built an intranet system to control and offer internships at Ciencias Economicas College.
- Allowed each user student to upload their CV. Teachers could view over four thousand student applications and communicate with prospective interns.
- Created a web application to organize hardware inventory in a range of locations, including factories, education buildings, and personal corporations. Included functionality to allow the app to keep track of the location and buy/sell history of hardware items as well as to provide reports in XLS files about the hardware in particular sections or offices, including Google Maps references, bills with descriptions of the hardware bought, statistics about the hardware brand bought, and more.
- Adapted the application to be available in both Spanish and English.
- Built an intranet system for classroom booking that could also keep track of available classrooms at any given time.
Software Developer2006 - 2008Universidad Nacional del Litoral
Technologies: PHP, PostgreSQL
- Worked in web development using PHP and PostgreSQL.
- Created an internal web application to check the hours worked by teachers for college institutions. The system could check the start and finish times of classes and report the amount of hours worked by a teacher per month in relation to contractual obligations. It also included a messaging system where administrators could communicate with teachers or groups of teachers, giving vital information and news for these people. The reports were made available in XLS and PDF formats for teacher or groups of teachers.
- Worked to build a web application for the control of a sports campus. Refactored code and implemented view tests for the project using SimpleTest with PHP.
- Helped develop a web application used to make polls for the institution. Created the statistics module which was used to generate XLS files and graphic reports.
Software Developer2004 - 2006Instituto Provincial de Estadisticas y Censos
Technologies: Visual Basic, Access, PHP
- Developed stand-alone software using Visual Basic 6.0 and Access 97 to format files for cartographic maps.
- The software was used as a version control of digital maps files. Specifically, it functioned to copy, control, and version files on client machines, employee PCs, and the file hosting server.
- Created an admin section to control which users were allowed to work on maps and a client machine section to control which PC clients were allowed to manipulate certain files.
- Developed a separate, small application using PHP and MySQL to make keep track of people working for the institution in 2006.
Software Developer2003 - 2004Infosoft Studios
Technologies: PHP, MySQL
- Worked on web development of a back-end app for a college social network using PHP and MySQL.
- Wrote the back end of a website to allow administrators to easily upload content.