Verified Expert in Engineering
Machine Learning Developer
Cesar is a software engineer with professional experience in web services and APIs using Python and Go. He's worked on projects involving Ruby, Java, and C++, and enjoys learning new technologies on the go. His ability to adapt and learn fast has proved to be a valuable skill when taking on new projects.
OS X, Unix
The most amazing...
...thing I've built from scratch was an eCommerce API using different technologies and used by international companies.
- Built a SMPP server from scratch with internal business logic using Golang, RabbitMQ, and Redis for communication between microservices.
- Implemented a real-time spam detection system using Python and scikit-learn.
- Deployed the system in AWS using Docker, Kubernetes and ECS.
Software Engineer II
- Designed and implemented an eCommerce API that handles subscriptions, purchases, and entitlements using Golang and Gorilla web frameworks.
- Created a manager-worker system using Docker and Ruby which parallelized the ingestion of videos. It was built so that also different types of jobs could be executed.
- Implemented automated integration tests of the eCommerce API using Selenium.
- Built a synchronization system in Golang used to ensure consistency across two data stores.
Software Developer Engineer Intern
- Provided an in-depth analysis of potential relation and non-relational database candidates to be considered in a database migration.
- Rebuilt the data access object (DAO) layer to JDBC in order to alleviate memory consumption issues.
- Wrote the Python script which would perform the database migration.
- Made an analysis of several security system monitors.
- Created a platform of monitors using the live data streams coming from security systems.
Co-founder, Back-end Developer
- Developed a reservation system for scheduling tours by guides to tourists.
- Used Twilio SMS API as a part of the verification process of a user.
- Implemented the integration test framework for verifications using Selenium.
- Developed the integration of Elasticsearch with Django that allowed users to search the guide database.
- Created a map search feature where Google Maps were used to display available users by location.
Texas A&M University
- Designed and built scalable parallel algorithms in C++ using an in-house parallel library called STAPL.
- Implemented novel motion planning strategies which would be later published in scientific journals.
- Created a 3D representation of an academic building to be used in a motion planning simulation.
- Performed exhaustive tests of the parallel strategies using node clusters.
RabbitMQ, Gorilla, Git, Apache ZooKeeper
Django, AngularJS, Flask, Selenium, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Sinatra
NumPy, JDBC, Twilio API
Distributed Computing, Parallel Computing, REST, Agile Software Development
Docker, Kubernetes, Unix, OS X, Twilio, MacOS, Linux
MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL
Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Public Health
Master's Degree in Machine Learning and Data Analysis
University of Helsinki - Helsinki
Computer Engineering Degree in Computer Science
Texas A&M University - College Station
Structuring Machine Learning Projects
Improving Deep Neural Networks: Hyperparameter tuning, Regularization and Optimization
Neural Networks and Deep Learning