Software Engineer2017 - 2019Veoo
Technologies: Python, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes, Go
- Built a SMPP server from scratch with internal business logic using Golang, RabbitMQ, and Redis for communication between microservices.
- Implemented a real-time spam detection system using Python and scikit-learn.
- Deployed the system in AWS using Docker, Kubernetes and ECS.
Software Engineer II2013 - 2015Ooyala
- Designed and implemented an eCommerce API that handles subscriptions, purchases, and entitlements using Golang and Gorilla web frameworks.
- Created a manager-worker system using Docker and Ruby which parallelized the ingestion of videos. It was built so that also different types of jobs could be executed.
- Implemented automated integration tests of the eCommerce API using Selenium.
- Built a synchronization system in Golang used to ensure consistency across two data stores.
Software Developer Engineer Intern2013 - 2013Amazon
Technologies: MySQL, JDBC, Python, Java
- Provided an in-depth analysis of potential relation and non-relational database candidates to be considered in a database migration.
- Rebuilt the data access object (DAO) layer to JDBC in order to alleviate memory consumption issues.
- Wrote the Python script which would perform the database migration.
- Made an analysis of several security system monitors.
- Created a platform of monitors using the live data streams coming from security systems.
Co-founder, Back-end Developer2013 - 2013GuideBuddy
Technologies: Elasticsearch, Twilio, Selenium, MySQL, Django, Python
- Developed a reservation system for scheduling tours by guides to tourists.
- Used Twilio SMS API as a part of the verification process of a user.
- Implemented the integration test framework for verifications using Selenium.
- Developed the integration of Elasticsearch with Django that allowed users to search the guide database.
- Created a map search feature where Google Maps were used to display available users by location.
Undergraduate Researcher2011 - 2013Texas A&M University
- Designed and built scalable parallel algorithms in C++ using an in-house parallel library called STAPL.
- Implemented novel motion planning strategies which would be later published in scientific journals.
- Created a 3D representation of an academic building to be used in a motion planning simulation.
- Performed exhaustive tests of the parallel strategies using node clusters.