Business Intelligence Enterprise Architect2022 - PRESENTZOLL Medical Corporation
Technologies: Azure, Azure Synapse, Business Intelligence (BI), DAX, Azure Data Factory, SQL, SQL Stored Procedures, Microsoft Power BI, Architecture, Data Analysis
- BI Solution Architect for Azure/Power BI-based enterprise-wide data management solution.
- Delivered an enterprise design for data management, detail reporting, analysis and forecasting, and governance.
- Addressed issues of data access, duplication, and inaccuracy that were commonly encountered by users across all levels of the company.
- Coded example end-to-end system with templates to follow for existing Zoll staff to mimic for the full implementation.
Senior BI Architect2019 - 2021Randstad USA
Technologies: Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Power BI, DAX, SQL, Business Intelligence (BI), Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Data Transformation Services (now SSIS), ETL, Architecture, Data Analysis
- Modernized the internal BI reporting by owning all system architecture, design aspects, and coding all SQL, tabular model, DAX, and Power BI reporting assets.
- Architected and developed the major client BI applications from project onset by owning all aspects of system data flow, technology, tools to be employed, and reporting strategies.
- Designed and implemented the enterprise data warehouse and tabular model to support responsive reporting across approximately five billion transactions dimensionalized across hundreds of thousands of attribute members.
BI Architect2018 - 2019CDW
Technologies: SQL Server 2016, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), MDX, SSIS Custom Components, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL, Business Intelligence (BI), Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Data Transformation Services (now SSIS), ETL, Architecture, Data Analysis
- Led the technical team on a high-visibility BI project that presented key profitability metrics to the senior management.
- Inherited a multi-million-dollar project at high risk of failure and led it to successful deployment and adoption.
- Collaborated closely with the C-suite-level business partners to drive, gather, and refine requirements.
BI Consultant2015 - 2018Ventas
Technologies: SQL, SSAS, MDX, Business Intelligence (BI), Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Data Transformation Services (now SSIS), ETL, Data Analysis
- Architected and developed a large-scale OLAP system that spanned business areas ranging from the leasing data over the foreign exchange normalization to the GL analysis.
- Documented BI industry best practices and provided in-house education and guidance regarding the architecture, implementation, and requirements scoping.
- Designed and configured a fully customizable and extensible framework that allowed MDX-based cubes to share vital data that went well beyond what the SSAS platform supports.
BI Architect2013 - 2015Fermilab
Technologies: SQL Server 2016, SSAS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSIS Custom Components, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MDX, SQL, Business Intelligence (BI), Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Data Transformation Services (now SSIS), ETL, Architecture, Data Analysis
- Architected a large-scale, lab-wide BI system mandated by the US Department of Energy that reported experiment progress and adherence to government standards to the auditors and Department of Energy personnel.
- Integrated dozens of existing and disparate data sources, reports, and business processes into a coherent structure.
- Chaired meetings with Fermilab's employees, including the CIO, CFO, COO, business users, and particle physicists.
Principle Consultant2008 - 2013SWC Technology Partners
Technologies: SQL Server BI, SSAS, MDX, C#, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSIS Custom Components, SharePoint, SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, ETL, Architecture, Data Analysis
- Acted as the lead consultant and team coordinator, managing multiple simultaneous projects with cross-functional teams specializing in business intelligence and cloud computing.
- Provided extensive business analysis and project management consultancy for large-scale, multi-year contracts.
- Designed and developed the go-to-market campaigns for predictive analytics and cloud computing.
- Presented the technology seminars for large groups of prospective customers.
Senior Software Analyst2006 - 2008Bank of America
Technologies: Java, C#, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), IIS SQL Server, SQL, ETL, Data Analysis
- Led teams of up to six professionals in coding and designing a full array of business analysis and software design tools related to the loan derivatives.
- Created and implemented many repeatable processes to streamline development functions and improve quality. Oversaw coding through Java, .NET, SQL Server, and Sybase in a timely and accurate manner.
- Developed the processes and applications to support a total return swap activity with the foreign exchange derivatives.
- Contributed to the training and orienting of new staff in all operating policies and procedures.
Software Engineer1998 - 2006UBS
Technologies: Java, Delphi, C++, CORBA, DCOM, SunOS, Linux, SQL, Data Analysis
- Architected and developed the client-side applications for the real-time foreign exchange cash and derivatives portfolio valuation systems.
- Spearheaded personally the launch of almost 100 successful production releases of five different applications.
- Served as the global technical product owner for Borland Java products; identified and tracked all project requirements and feedbacks with the Borland development teams.
Software Analyst1997 - 1998First Chicago NBD Corporation
Technologies: Delphi, EFT, SQL
- Developed a cash management reporting system in Delphi to support the external corporate clients allowing them to view and track complex financial documentation.
- Interfaced and liaised with the top financial and IT executives at the Sara Lee Corporation; gathered and evaluated the project requirements while creating unique system solutions.
- Increased client retention by hosting well-received design review sessions with the clients.
Computer Operations Supervisor1992 - 1997Wheaton College
Technologies: Delphi, Visual Basic, SQL
- Oversaw all aspects of network administration, systems analysis, and software implementation as the sole technician for the Library and Media Resources Department.
- Created and operated the first electronic research lab in the history of the institution.
- Assisted in large-scale migration from the paper-based card catalog system to the modern computer catalog.