Analytics Delivery Lead
2020 - PRESENT
Octave (John Keells Holdings Centre of Excellence for Data and Advanced Analytics)
- Oversaw overall project delivery across two of JKH’s businesses, Elephant House Beverages and Union Assurance, including sustainable value creation, cost management, and client engagement.
- Managed teams of data engineers, data scientists, and platform engineers, as well as external consultants from a top global management consultancy firm.
- Provided thought leadership to data collection and digitization processes, solution designs, and pilot rollouts, including the Group-wide data governance initiative and the design of a data anonymization service for constituent businesses.
- Formulated mechanisms to ensure governed project delivery and technology introduction processes.
Technologies: Azure DevOps, Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Spark, Azure, SQL, Agile Sprints
2019 - 2020
DataScribe Solutions, USA
- Designed and developed a new data platform to cater to DataScribe’s business requirements as a back-office automation service company for clients based in Kansas City.
- Based the data platform on MS Azure with a custom-designed Python framework as the backbone, and pipelines built to various online storage systems including Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox as well as their main accounting system Quickbooks Online.
- Used VBA-enriched Excel dashboards as the main reporting tool for the system to easily fit in with existing processes at DataScribe.
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, GRAPH, QuickBooks Online, Python, Azure, Database Development, SQL, SQL Server 2014, Agile Sprints
2016 - 2018
- Served as a manager accountable for a data warehouse for the Stock Loan division of BRM. The data warehouse is used for data analytics and trend reporting across the division, delivering outputs used by traders, analysts, and finance groups.
- Managed a team of five with direct line management of two members based in New York.
- Project-managed the migration of a 3TB data warehouse from a legacy platform consisting of Sybase and Perl to a greenfield warehouse of IBM DB2 Blu and Python.
- Liaised with the stock loan trading and business quantitative analysts.
- Designed a renovated data loading framework and the overall performance improvement of the DB2 plant.
- Designed and implemented Tableau dashboards to be used by global trading desks.
- Implemented best practices with regards to SQL development and Agile working.
- Designed and developed key functional projects such as a global rate opportunities reporting platform.
Technologies: SQL, Jira, Tableau, Python, IBM Db2, Database Development, Agile Sprints
Business Intelligence Developer
2011 - 2016
- Served as a senior BI developer and project manager of two data warehouse systems within the global financing services business.
- Headed key ETL developments including dimensional modeling.
- Developed reports and dashboards using popular BI tools.
- Oversaw technical design and instigation of new technologies.
- Created data analytics for trading desks and requirements gathering, including business analysis, for new projects.
- Managed an off-shore team based in Singapore, and oversaw teams based in London and Pune.
- Involved in the initiation of a big data project with exposure to technologies such as Hive, Impala, and Spark, as well as the RFI/RFP process to select an external vendor.
- Used a variety of BI tools covering the complete technology stack from front to back. Led several key greenfield projects to report on profit and loss and client color to the trading and business management teams.