Vice President2016 - 2018Morgan Stanley, UK
Technologies: IBM DB2, Python, Tableau, Jira, SQL
- Served as a senior manager accountable for a data warehouse for the Stock Loan division of Business Resource Management. The data warehouse is used for data analytics and trend reporting across the division, delivering outputs used by traders, quantitative analysts, and finance groups.
- Managed a team of five with direct line management of two members based in New York.
- Project-managed the migration of a 3TB data warehouse from a legacy platform consisting of Sybase and Perl to a greenfield warehouse of IBM DB2 Blu and Python.
- Liaised with the Stock Loan Trading and Business Quantitative analysts.
- Designed a renovated data loading framework and the overall performance improvement of the DB2 plant.
- Designed and implemented Tableau dashboards to be used by global trading desks.
- Implemented best practices with regards to SQL development and Agile working.
- Designed and developed key functional projects such as a global rate opportunities reporting platform.
Business Intelligence Developer2011 - 2016UBS, UK
- Served as a senior BI developer and project manager of two data warehouse systems within the global financing services business. Competent in a variety of BI tools covering the complete technology stack from front to back. Led several key greenfield projects to report on profit and loss and client color to the trading and business management teams.
- Headed key ETL developments including dimensional modeling.
- Developed reports and dashboards using popular BI tools.
- Oversaw technical design and instigation of new technologies.
- Created data analytics for trading desks and requirements gathering, including business analysis, for new projects.
- Managed an off-shore team based in Singapore, and oversaw teams based in London and Pune.
- Involved in the initiation of a big data project with exposure to technologies such as Hive, Impala, and Spark, as well as the RFI/RFP process to select an external vendor.