- Lead Developer2014 - PRESENTSuncod
Technologies: Node.js, Mean.js, Angular.js, Passport, MongoDB, CloudFlare, Dropbox APIs, Android
- Built the whole API and back-end system with Node.js, Mean.js, MongoDB, and CloudFlare CDN.
- Led a team of five to develop new Android apps with one-day release cycles.
- Finished the product Slick Watchface (http://slickwatchface.com) on Android Wear in seven days using undocumented APIs.
- Built an automation tool to incorporate assets from the designer's dropbox directly to a production static content server.
- Built a continuous deployment tool for the back-end server using Dokku.
- Integrated Google Analytics to our Android application.
- Software Engineer Intern2015 - 2016
Technologies: Android, iOS, Java, Protocol Buffer
- Built a mobile boarding-pass feature for emails containing flight information, used by 10M+ users.
- Implemented the feature on the server and all native mobile clients: iOS and Android.
- Wrote a module for generating barcodes on both mobile clients.
- Optimized memory usage on both clients.
- Collaborated with the designer & PM to improve user experience while using the feature.
- Software Engineer Intern2015 - 2015
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C, React.js
- Learned iOS development in 2 weeks and implemented a module for verifying high-risk users.
- Lowered fraud rates to 50$ per 1M$ transferred.
- Learned React.js and implemented a module for verifying risky transactions.
- Wrote iPad settings UI for Payment features on Facebook Messenger.
- Collaborated with Facebook's designer & PM to improve user experience of payments on messenger.
- Back-End Software Engineer2013 - 2014Misfit Wearables
- Co-designed and implemented an Open API system.
- Fully automated the deployment and scaling of back-end infrastructure on Amazon AWS.
- Built a social/friendship management feature that interacts with APIs from Facebook, Twitter, Tencent, and QQ.
- Built a scalable friend search feature using advanced data structure.
- Ported a back-end system from Ruby on Rails to Node.js.
- Built the whole back-end system in Ruby on Rails.
- Software Engineer Intern2013 - 2013Microsoft
Technologies: Scope, SQL
- Analyzed Bing’s Ads log using an internal SQL-like big data system. Result helped discovering several bugs.
- Processed advertising logs on an internal big data platform.
- Wrote a map-reduce algorithm to process the logs.
- Familiarized myself with the internal system within a week.