Software Developer2014 - 2017Capsaicin
Technologies: SQL Server, C#, AWS, Azure, Visual Studio Team Services, HTML5, MS PowerBI
- Implemented the company’s first continuous integration data solution via Visual Studio Team Services. Incorporated automated deployments to test and development environments, where unit tests were automatically triggered.
- Created service broker processes to migrate gated user changes from isolated internal environments to client facing AWS machines.
- Developed and implemented company’s first consolidated central reporting platform with email delivery providing the daily status of SQL job executions, SQL backups, across 20+ SQL servers.
- Reduced the ETL query performance by over 80% by reengineering ETL processes using binary hashing. Previous codes took more than ten hours to run, invoking race conditions, deadlocks and excessive IO consumptions that lead to failed data migrations.
- Circumvented performance problems related to normalization by utilizing Bitwise coding patterns.
Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2013Microsoft
Technologies: SQL Server, C#
- Architected and optimized database applications/systems on Windows Azure Platform and deliver data stored in seven data centers on three continents.
- Built and maintained SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for analysis and extraction of data vital to product roadmaps and strategic decision-making.
- Conducted SQL server tuning; designed C# libraries, data warehouses, and ETL processes.
- Performed code and design reviews, and introduced enhancements to meet established time frames for query execution.
- Liaised with international team members for product training and facilitating product handoff.
- Collaborated with project managers and internal stakeholders to develop KPIs and metrics for reporting performance and growth of Windows Azure product line to division heads.
- Led training, web demonstrations, and knowledge transfers between three teams across three continents.
- Headed up the SQL code review; evaluated TSQL peer code for query optimization.
- Made key contributions to the development of new analyses trends and mechanisms impacting the Azure Platform.
- Was routinely commended for superior critical thinking skills and ability to quickly assess and resolve issues on-the-fly, with traditional and outside-the-box solutions to sustain forward momentum.
Senior Software Engineer2010 - 2011Huron Group
Technologies: SQL Server, SSRS, C#
- Reduced 35-minute queries to eight seconds by rearchitecting the reporting for a real-time BI data warehouse.
- Discovered and eliminated design flaws from inaccurate business assumptions that had indexed views of 800 million records (45 GB) with 52% of those records never being reported on.
- Designed a configurable C# solution that exposed a CSS type functionality to SSRS reports. Provided visual consistency between reports and allowed customization due to the XML base.
- Minimized the footprint of queries by 45% after utilizing various techniques with cross applies and grouping sets in-conjunction with pivots.
- Presented novel idea to address a critical performance bug that crippled the application during the initial pilot release; resolved the issue within 45 minutes, saving days of development cycles in other solutions.
Senior Software Engineer2009 - 2010Apriva
Technologies: SQL Server, C#
- Was initially recruited to design query requests and reports which quickly progressed into a leadership role coordinating design and maintenance of a web portal for managing credit card transactions, merchant accounts, and the provisioning of credit card devices.
- Mentored and coached junior developers.
- Championed and won approval to migrate code from four web applications into a common solution, illuminating business logic previously buried in the application to unit tests, subsequently hailed as “the single most important product improvement to their products in five years.”.
- Refactored 50 stored procedures to use more efficient joins while removing redundant codes and logic.
- Normalized core databases to reduce redundancy and prevented duplicate work by employees by eradicating the need to update several records for a single change.
- Implemented the company’s first data mart to resolve long history of problems with reporting performance.
Software Engineer II2007 - 2009Quest Software
Technologies: SQL Server, C#, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, ETL
- Created SSIS packages for five different products; successfully developed data mashup from the Exchange, Active Directory, event logs, and network alerts.
- Completed a complex project of modifying 200 SSRS reports four weeks ahead of schedule.
- Teamed with offshore developers in designing OLAP database and SSRS reporting strategy for an Exchange reporting solution.
- Tuned and refactored sprocs (stored procedures) necessary for generating dynamic SQL for an ad-hoc Active Directory reporting product. Incorporated configurable logging to lessen the time required for creating root cause analysis of bugs.
- Played an integral role in the development of the company’s first OLAP cube.