- Seinor Software Developer2017 - 2017BNP Paribas
Technologies: Java, Maven, Ember.js, Microservices
- Collaborated with a team in the innovation lab to create an investor sheet application. This included an Oracle migration of data from an offsite data store to within the company firewall. The stack uses a microservices architecture using Zuul Proxy as a way to farm off requests to the right service.
- Used Spring Boot to support this as a way to allow containerless deployments.
- Helped grow the innovation department.
- Senior Web Developer/Architect2014 - 2016Fidelity Investments
Technologies: Ember.js, Node.js, Testem, Ember Cli, Sass, CSS
- Created a single-page application.
- Helped the department to hire an architect.
- Built add-ons to a legacy application.
- Provided a solution for loading large lists in IE8 without paging.
- Co-founder2013 - 2015Pluck It
- Created a Chrome extension and web application that allows contexual bookmarking.
- Developed in a way that allows for saving part of the page while maintaining all styling and interactivity.
- Implemented advanced search using Solr boost function for accurate search results.
- Created contextual bookmarking based on web activity and time of day. Collected usage singles and meaning of words using PoS parsers.
- Created a Grunt-based workflow to aid development and deployment.
- Co-founder, Chief Product Officer2012 - 2014Fishtree
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Rspec, AWS, EC2, Apache Solr, Tomcat, MongoDB
- Coded and built an adaptive learning system to be used in schools for teachers and learners.
- Built web crawlers for scraping open education resources.
- Used YouTube API for open education resources.
- Architected an abstraction between crawlers/application/data migration for greatest flexibility.
- Used Kanban methodology for breaking down and prioritizing requirements.
- Chief Architect2009 - 2011Hotprints
Technologies: Flex, Java, Spring, CXF, Tomcat, Ruby On Rails, AWS, EC2, SQS, S3, JUnit, Mockito, Rspec, MySQL
- Coded and architected for Hotprints, a photobook startup company.
- Created a Flex 4-based Facebook application allowing users to use their or their friends' photos to create a photo book.
- Integrated with Paypal for payment handling.
- Created a photo upload service that allow users to add photos outside of Facebook.
- Integrated with Facebook Graph API, Instagram API, and Flickr API for photo selection.
- Wrote the server-side code.
- Integrated with Yelp! for targeted advertisements.
- Coded a self-service advertising platform.
- Tested all code.
- Managed delivery expectations and scope, using Kanban ‘pull’ mechanisms.
- Technical Architect2008 - 2009Gamesys
Technologies: Flex, Java, Erlang, Spring, Hibernate, JBoss, CXF, Flex Unit, JUnit, Flunit
- Built and architected a social infrastructure for Gamesys's gaming engines.
- Coded and maintained a chat gaming service using Flex3/4, Java, and Erlang.
- Coded and maintained a host application that allows chat hosts to monitor chat rooms and play mini games.
- Coded the administration of site members using JAVA/Spring/Hibernate/JBoss stack.
- Coded the ability for dynamically loading flash games to maintain abstraction between game development and the social platform.
- Software Team Leader/Technical Lead2006 - 2008GlaxoSmithKline | R&D
Technologies: Spring, Hibernate, EJB3, JTA, JSF, JBoss, Hudson, JUnit, Easy Mock, EMMA
- Created and maintained Cheminformatics SOAP-based services that communicates with scientist-facing software.
- Wrote automated test scripts for continuous monitoring over 300 SOAP based services.
- Developed SOAP services for chemical information calculation.
- Used continuous integration Selenium tests as UAT.
- Clearly communicated with teams distributed across the world.
- Developed a service for tracking chemical samples.
- Software Engineer2004 - 2006EBI | The European Bioinformatics Institute
- Created a web application that allows entering/analysis of genome sequences.
- Created a custom servlet to generate genome images based on submitted sequences.
- Used JTA for managing transactions across different sources.
- Uses Axis 1.x for SOAP-based messaging to and from the BLAST servers.
- Tested using JUnit and home-grown CI scripts written in Perl.