- Seinor Web Developer/ArchitectFidelity Investments2014 - PRESENT
Technologies: EmberJS, NodeJS, testem, Ember Cli
- Creates a single page application using Ember JS.
- Using testem and Jenkins for CI.
- SASS for CSS.
- Ember Data for communicating with REST service.
- Help department to hire Architect.
- Used Knockout JS to build add-on to legacy application.
- Provided solution for loading large lists in IE8 without paging.
- Co-founderPluck It2013 - PRESENT
- Created a chrome extension and web application that allows contexual bookmarking
- Chrome extension development that allows saving part of the page while maintaining all styling and interactivity
- Advanced search using solr boost function for accurate search results
- Contextual bookmark based on web activity and time of day. Done through collecting usage singles and meaning of words by using PoS parsers
- Uses mocha, should js for testing
- Co-founder, Chief Product OfficerFishtree2012 - 2014
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Rspec, AWS, EC2, Apache Solr, Tomcat, Mongodb
- Coded and built team for an adaptive learning system to be used in schools for teachers and learners
- Ruby 2, Rails 4, CoffeeScript, Mongodb
- Full web based HTML5 application
- Using rspec, capybara for testing, Travis as CI
- Built web crawlers in ruby for scraping open education resources
- Uses Youtube API for Open education resources
- All crawed data are index using apache SOLR
- Architected an abstraction between crawlers / application / data migration for greatest flexibility
- Uses Kanban methodology for breaking down and prioritising requirements
- Cheif ArchitectHotprints2009 - 2011
Technologies: Flex, Java, Spring, CXF, Tomcat, Ruby On Rails, AWS, EC2, SQS, S3, JUnit, Mockito, Rspec, Mysql
- Coder and Architect at Hotprints, a photobook startup company.
- Created a flex 4 based Facebook application allowing users to use theirs or friends photos to create a photo book
- Integration with Paypal for payment handling
- Created a photo upload service that allow users to add photos outside of Facebook
- Integrated with Facebook Graph API, Instagram API and Flicker API for photo selection
- Serverside written in JAVA, Tomcat, CXF, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL
- Integrated with YELP for target advertisements
- Coded a self service advertising platform in Ruby On Rails
- All Java code was tested in junit, Mockito. Teamcity as CI
- All Flex code is tested in Flex Unit
- All Rails code is tested using rspec
- Using GIT as source control
- Using AWS (EC2, SQS, S3) for infrstructure
- Managing delivery expectations and scope, using kanban ‘pull’ mechanisms
- Technical ArchitectGamesys2008 - 2009
Technologies: Flex, Java, erlang, Spring, Hibernate, JBoss, CXF, Flex unit, junit, Flunit
- Built and architected a social infrastructure for Gamesys's gaming engines
- Coded and maintained a chat gaming service using Flex3/4, Java and erlang
- Coded and maintained a host application that allows chat hosts to monitor chat rooms and play mini games
- Coded the administration of site members using JAVA/Spring/Hibernate/JBoss stack
- Coded the ability for dynamically loading flash games to maintain abstraction between game development and the social platform
- All client/server communication use REST style services
- Strict Scrum/XP practice using Hudson, Flex unit and Flunit for CI
- Software Team Leader / Technical LeadGlaxoSmithKline -- R&D2006 - 2008
Technologies: Spring, Hibernate, EJB3, JTA, JSF, Jboss, Hudson, JUnit, Easy Mock, EMMA
- Created and maintained Cheminformatics SOAP based services that communicates with scientist facing software
- Wrote automated test scripts for continuous monitoring over 300 SOAP base services
- Developed SOAP services using JAX-WS, EJB3, JPA, JTA, Jboss, Hudson, JUnit for Chemical information calculation
- Strict XP/Scrum practice
- Using Continuous Integration selenium tests as UAT
- Clearly communicated with teams distributed across the world
- Developed service using Spring, Hibernate, CXF, JSF for tracking chemical samples
- Software EngineerEBI -- The European Bioinformatics Institute2004 - 2006
- Created a web application that allows entering/analysis of genome sequences
- Custom servlet to generate genome images based on submitted sequence
- Using JTA for managing transactions across different sources
- Uses Axis 1.x for SOAP based messaging to and from the BLAST servers
- Testing using JUnit and home grown CI scripts written in perl