Chief Technology Officer2011 - 2019Sprint Enterprise Technology, Ltd.
- Designed and built from scratch the core product for this financial services business on dedicated hosted Windows servers using ASP.NET MVC and SQL Server.
- Developed live data integrations with 20-25 client investment platforms, data providers, and back-office systems.
- Developed modules to aggregate and transform the data from all these disparate systems into a common data model for reporting and analysis.
- Designed and built the main web application and a fully-brandable client portal for end investors to deliver highly configurable self-service reporting and data analysis.
- Designed new algorithms and techniques for performing high-speed analysis over huge data sets to deliver break-through functionality.
- Built and led the technical and operations teams throughout. Introduced a DevOps approach. The system is currently in use with over 600 financial services companies in the UK and Eire.
Founder, CTO2010 - 2011TotallySQL, Ltd.
Technologies: C#, .NET, MS SQL
- Developed a suite of SQL Server add-ins and libraries for commercial sale.
- Translated C++ Boost mathematical library into C# and validated all functions.
- Created C# and SQL-hosted versions of all Excel financial and analysis functions such as IRR, XIRR, NPV, and RATE to name a few.
- Created a rich set of C# and SQL-hosted statistical functions, models and methods including the modeling of all known statistical distributions such as Normal, and Poisson.
- Included a Windows application for installing and managing CLR assemblies across a SQL Server farm.
CIO2005 - 2010Sophos Plc
Technologies: MS SQL, C# ASP.NET, Multiple Proprietary Systems
- Modernized and streamlined the company's systems worldwide.
- Introduced an online B2B eCommerce suite.
- Created a Business Intelligence function and thereby uncovered key facts about the business to drive the reshaping of business strategy.
- Integrated Finance, CRM and HR systems to share common data.