Lead Software Developer2014 - 2021WebMD
- Designed and built a web-based medical simulation system used to train physicians.
- Led the migration to continuous integration and development (CI/CD).
- Served as the primary architect for system design and server architecture.
- Acted as the lead for the medical simulation drug database and logic engine.
- Set best coding practices and created the design for multi-level unit testing.
- Collaborated with non-technical stakeholders to set the new product design and requirements.
Lead System Architect2011 - 2014Therasim
Technologies: AWS, PHP, MySQL, Linux
- Served as the primary technical lead in the complete rebuild of a legacy medical simulator.
- Acted as the lead Linux guru and system architect for all systems.
- Launched worldwide servers and applications on AWS.
- Set development standards for code design and advanced unit testing.
- Independently launched multiple standalone simulator servers with developer training in Ethiopia.
Senior Software Architect2000 - 2010PPD
- Worked as an independent consultant and built numerous web-based applications for a large multinational with over 10,000 employees in 40 countries.
- Delivered a range of projects including custom content management systems and a clinical trial online survey system.
- Set up multiple servers and systems for hosting the web-based technologies.
Software Consultant and Developer1988 - 1993Multiple consulting clients
Technologies: OOP Designs, C++, Unix, C#
- Built process control graphical applications with object-oriented backends.
- Developed a graphical visualization library for complex process control systems.
- Constructed real-time graphical front end for silicon wafer manufacturing.
- Created a natural-language compiler for the front end of a preventative medicine product.