Verified Expert in Engineering
Chenggong is a passionate senior game developer with nearly a decade-long experience building various games, from hyper-casual to AAA-quality ones. He specializes in Unity3D and Unreal Engine to implement challenging and fun gameplay and integrate multiple tools and services. Chenggong's experience, skills, and enthusiasm make him an excellent fit for any team and project in the industry, ready to deliver exceptional results.
Unity3D, Unreal Engine, Visual Studio, C++, C#, iOS, Android, Mobile App Development, Blueprint, PlayStation, Xbox, Blueprints Visual Scripting
The most amazing...
...thing I've done was collaborating closely with designers and the producer to achieve the desired creative vision and quality standards.
Application Developer | Game Developer
- Managed a team of five in designing and developing an online multiplayer FPS game from scratch within six months, emphasizing close collaboration with the development team to ensure a seamless and responsive gameplay experience.
- Worked on a VR poker game as a gameplay programmer. Implemented hand tracking system and advanced physics simulations; optimized game mechanics by improving collision detection and reducing draw calls, resulting in a 12% improved frame rate.
- Managed a team of eight in designing and developing a poker game within three months, collaborating closely with designers and the producer to achieve the desired creative vision and quality standards.
Senior Unity3D Game Developer
- Investigated the existing codebase and fixed 10+ issues in one week.
- Worked on the matchmaking system. Collaborated with the team to efficiently identify and resolve issues and implemented 30+ features in 10 weeks.
- Designed and implemented a new pet system to ensure a seamless and responsive gameplay experience. This resulted in a 10% increase in player satisfaction.
Senior Game Developer
- Worked on the gameplay programming of Dragalia Lost. Collaborated with the team to efficiently identify and resolve issues and implemented 20+ features in eight weeks.
- Managed a team of eight in designing and implementing a new combo system within two months. This resulted in 15% more combat engagement and 10% higher player satisfaction, significantly improving the game's combat and player experience.
- Investigated the existing codebase of World Flipper and resolved 10+ issues in one week.
- Implemented an optimized pathfinding algorithm for Clash of Kings, which improved the AI-controlled units' speed and accuracy in battles and reduced collisions. This resulted in a 10% increase in player retention.
- Optimized the networking performance of the Magic Rush: Heroes. Improved the network code and resolved network-related performance issues, resulting in smoother multiplayer matches and an 8% reduction in latency.
- Designed and implemented a new combo system for Sword of Shadows. This resulted in 25% more combat engagement and 15% higher player satisfaction, greatly improving the game's combat and player experience.
Online Multiplayer Shooter Game
I managed a team of six in designing and developing the game from scratch within six months, emphasizing close collaboration with the development team to ensure a seamless and responsive gameplay experience.
Online Poker Game
AR Application for NFT Marketplacehttp://nftmall.io
Three.js Application for Remote Physiotherapy Serviceshttp://agadolive.com/
Blueprint Application for Home Construction Company
Unity3D, Unreal Engine, Ruby on Rails (RoR), .NET, Unity, Unity2D, Next.js, Blueprint, UIKit, ARKit, React Native, MUI (Material UI), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), MUI CSS, Qt, Flutter, Laravel, ASP.NET, Photon Unity Networking (PUN), SwiftUI, Unreal Engine 4
Three.js, API Development, React, WebGL, OpenGL, WebXR, Camera API, Babylon.js, D3.js, REST APIs, Stripe, Stripe API, OpenCV, Node.js
Visual Studio, Xcode, Git, Unity SDK, Jira, Perforce, Figma, Trello, Google Analytics, PlayFab, GitHub, Unreal Development Kit (UDK), Android Jetpack, Blender, Agora
Mobile Game Design, Management, Mobile App Design, Gamification, Cross-platform, Azure DevOps, DevOps
iOS, Android, Android TV, Oculus, Amazon Web Services (AWS), PlayStation, Xbox, Xamarin, Twilio, Windows, ARCore, Mapbox, Blockchain, MacOS, Firebase, Azure, Linux, Vuforia
MySQL, Google Cloud, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB, RDBMS, Databases
Software Engineering, Mobile App Development, Game Development, Team Leadership, 2D, 3D, 3D Rendering, Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), Unity Game Assets, Gaming, 3D Games, Multiplayer, Video Games, Video Gaming, 2D Games, Unity3D GUI Development, Mobile Games, Game Design, iPhone, MMORPGs, Microsoft Orleans, Games, Back-end, Software Architecture, Solution Architecture, Architecture, CI/CD Pipelines, Unity3D Native Plugin Interface, Machine Learning, Mobile Game Development, AR Interfaces, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, Wwise, Gaming Platforms, 3D Pose Estimation, 3D Graphics, Low-level Programming, Mobile Payments, Blockchain & Cryptocurrency, Smart Contracts, Web3, OpenAI GPT-3 API, OpenAI GPT-4 API, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Video Players, WebSockets, Processing & Threading, Performance, Jetpack Compose, Scheduling, API Integration, 3D Math, 3D Animation, Audio Processing, Audio Drivers, Data Structures, In-app Purchases, Front-end, Front-end Development, UI Development, Animation, Game AI, Dashboard Development, Blueprints Visual Scripting, Amazon RDS, Marketplaces, IT Project Management, Milestones, Stripe Payments, Software Development, OCR, Computer Vision, Web Development, Mobile Applications, Live Chat, APIs, Back-end Development, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Microsoft Azure, Unreal Engine 5, Rigging, 3D Modeling, Product Licensing, Gameplay Development, 3D Character Modeling, 3D Character Animation, Character Rigging, Payment APIs
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Liaoning Technical University - Fuxin, Liaoning, China