Chrome Extensions Developer
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Toptal Member Since
April 19, 2015
Chi Zhang is a Hong Kong-based web developer who has been working both in back-end and front-end web development for over four years. He has an additional five years' worth of mobile and desktop software development experience.
Chi is available for hireHire Chi
MySQL, Git, Flask, Django, Quixote, Python
Windows, COM, C++
Git, Emacs, OS X
The most amazing...
...thing I've made is a web browser extension intended for personal use, but which has expanded organically to thousands of users around the world every day.
2011 - PRESENT
- Developed and maintained Douban FM.
- Responsible for the improvement and maintenance of the Douban FM music library.
- Developed and maintained Douban music product.
- Created a Git source control platform for company use.
- Built an artist royalty system.
- Collaborated closely with designers to create the Douban music programs home page and to propose and implement a card-flipping animation effect, which got high praise from the users after its release.
Technologies: MySQL, Git, Flask, Django, Quixote, Python
2009 - 2011
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed software for Symbian mobile devices.
- Developed and maintained Chinese input methods on the Symbian platform.
- Maintained Korean input methods on the Symbian platform.
- Designed and developed mobile apps on Symbian mobile devices.
- Worked on the Symbian software project for Nokia devices.
Technologies: C++, Symbian
2006 - 2009
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed and developed software for a medical platform using C++ on Windows.
- Led a 15-person team to produce software as team lead.
- Supervised developer work.
- Designed medical software infrastructure.
- Solved problems and provided solutions for customers.
Technologies: Windows, COM, C++
Douban Music Programs Home Page
For playlists created by normal people to be found more easily by the users, we dig out the playlists in the back-end and render them in an elegant way. Minimalist design leads to top performance.
Golden Fleece Programhttp://music.douban.com/artists/royalty/
The Golden Fleece program plans to accept ads and share future revenue with musicians based on the number of plays. I built the back-end of the system which focuses on robustness, efficiency, and extendability.
Pinboard Plus (Chrome Extension for Pinboard.in Bookmark Service)https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pinboard-plus/mphdppdgoagghpmmhodmfajjlloijnbd
My personal utility at first, then used by few friends and recommended to the world, now it has more than five thousands users around the world.
Chrome Extensions, COM, Quixote
Django, Flask, AngularJS
Emacs, Git, Makefile, Terminal, Shell, Slack, Jenkins, GitHub
Flask-RESTful, React, jQuery
OS X, Windows, Symbian, Android, iOS
Redis, MongoDB, JSON, MySQL
2002 - 2006
Bachelor's Degree in Information and Computing Sciences
Beijing University of Technology - Beijing