Verified Expert in Engineering
Solution Architect and Developer
CT is a passionate thought leader with 17 years of experience in IT solution architecture, system design, database design and architecture, and enterprise-wide architecture. He has led monolith to microservices architecture transformation and distributed systems integration and built highly performant systems. He has won awards for delivering outstanding solutions, consolidated complex databases, and reduced system error rates to an incredible less than 1%.
SQL Server 2017, Oracle 12c, Apache Kafka, Redis Clusters, Java, Azure IaaS, Azure Synapse, Azure PaaS, C#.NET, Python 3
The most amazing...
...system I scaled handled ten times the volume of business and reduced downtime to zero. (100% uptime).
United Wholesale Mortgage
- Served as lead architect. Collaborated with application architects to develop a full system architecture and application design for a new product to enable the Mortgage Brokers to use our LOS efficiently. The product went live in September of 2021.
- Implemented microservice and event-driven asynchronous architecture instead of monoliths. Reduced deployment errors and increased the number of deployments per day. Broke monoliths to microservices.
- Devised a 12-point strategy to scale up the system to handle twice the volume of the business. Led ten teams and executed the projects in six months. Went down from two downtimes per week to zero downtimes per year.
- Awarded Champion of IT for the first week of March 2020. Our team (eight) won the DRIVE IT Home contest in December 2020. Chosen as Tech Knight of the month in October 2019. Awarded MVP in IT in 2019.
- Led the cloud adoption strategy to move things and build cloud-native applications. Moved a data mart from on-premises to cloud in collaboration with the Microsoft Azure team.
- Built two more web applications in Azure using Azure APIM, Event Bus, and Azure functions.
- Transformed how we had been building applications. Came up with the future architecture with my colleague to build applications.
- Led the POC initiatives of Kafka, MuleSoft, Talend, REDIS, and API Gateways. Instrumental in bringing in technologies such as Kafka, Talend, REDIS, API Gateways, and Attunity CDC replicators.
- Broke monoliths into microservices by functionally splitting the system. We did this by adopting a Strangler Pattern.
- Designed and implemented data integration between SQL Server and Salesforce using MuleSoft. Implemented real-time data synchronization in Salesforce using Kafka and MuleSoft.
Senior Data Warehouse Architect
- Decreased the data loading time from an average of five hours to an hour using parallel loading, partitioning, and partition swapping.
- Implemented fine-grained access control and data redaction to secure the sensitive data.
- Reduced the onboarding of new country data from four days to less than a day.
- Explored the option of storing non-structure data into NoSQL databases.
Lead DBA, Solution Architect, Developer
Custom Data Solutions Inc
- Managed about 15 production Oracle databases as the sole DBA with 100% uptime of the environment.
- Reduced maintenance needs via database server consolidation.
- Created an application architecture solution to build a BI tool as lead architect on the project. It successfully launched in 2010. The tool was built using the Java Spring framework using Oracle as the DB back end.
- Implemented a brilliant solution to avoid rewriting thousands of old reports to talk to the database versions. This was done by changing how listeners were configured.
- Designed, developed, and maintained business rule engines using Java, PL/SQL, and Oracle database technologies. It had an incredibly low error rate of less than 1%.
- Consolidated the customer database. Reduced the returned mail by implementing an address standardization and validation system.
- Consolidated 15 different Java codebases to one common codebase for user administration. This reduced the amount of time spent maintaining the code and ease of deployment and testing.
Lucidchart, Draw.io, Jira, Kafka Streams, IBM InfoSphere (DataStage), Erwin, Toad
Database Design, Event-driven Architecture, Microservices Architecture
Oracle, Apache Kafka, Azure IaaS, Azure PaaS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Unix, MuleSoft, Salesforce
Database Architecture, Microsoft SQL Server, Redis Cache, Redis, SQL Server 2017, Oracle 12c, Oracle 10g, Oracle 11i
Software Architecture, System Design, Solution Design, Redis Clusters, IT Project Management, Azure Synapse, Architecture, Access Control, Data, Oracle Performance Tuning, Data Warehouse Design, Caching, Materialized View, Partitioning
UML, C#.NET, Java, Python 3, HTML, CSS
Spring, Business Rules Engine
Master's Degree in Computers and Information Systems
University of Detroit Mercy - Detroit, Michigan, USA