Developer2000 - PRESENTOpen Source Contributions
Technologies: Linux, Python, Kernel, C, Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo
- Tested, diagnosed, and fixed several difficult bugs in the Linux kernel.
- Created a "forcepae" patch to run modern distribution kernels on legacy laptops for the Linux kernel.
- Wrote IR-USB driver (Linux).
- Am rated in the top 3% on the site Ask Ubuntu with over 230 answers contributed.
- Wrote the highest performing "Fasta" benchmark in Golang for The Computer Language Benchmarks Game.
- Diagnosed and provided fixes for many issues (Ubuntu, Gentoo, Debian etc).
- Analyzed and fixed the infamous bug "Ubuntu Installer Bug Wipes Your Disk" (Ubuntu).
- Developed, integrated and managed the release of the whole platform.
- Created a virtual creature and neural network evolutionary system.
Founder | Senior Engineer2015 - 2015Travel Events Site Startup
Technologies: Linux, Python, PostgreSQL, Django, Ansible, Bootstrap, jQuery
- Developed a startup concept that combined event listings with travel information.
- Created a website (Python, Django, jQuery, Bootstrap, Ansible).
Senior Engineer2014 - 2015eCommerce Company
Technologies: Python, eBay API, Bottle, App Engine
- Created and managed an automated sales platform for selling digital goods on eBay.
Senior Engineer2012 - 2014Flexpansion
Technologies: Android, Java, Linux, Python, App Engine, Bottle
- Carried out the development, build, and deployment of the Android app.
- Developed the server-side code for analytics and problem resolution.
- Improved the prediction accuracy by implementing personal training from the user's Gmail.
- Decreased the app size by creating a dynamic language download system.
- Integrated Google Speech recognition.
- Implemented app analytics and the website (data, stats, graphs).
- Increased the new user installation success rate by redesigning it based on gathered metrics.
- Built and tested the new app and language pack releases.
- Deployed releases on Google Play.
- Fixed bugs and ensured device compatibility.
- Created a new visual interface based on an artist's concept.
Senior Developer2012 - 2013Robomotic
Technologies: Linux, Android, AOSP, Embedded, Algorithms
- Developed a prototype smartwatch for the medical device field.
- Created a system to segment and compress time series data.
- Built and configured a bespoke Android AOSP.
- Ported real-time algorithms to the Energy Micro Gecko platform.
- Worked with various types of hardware: PandaBoard, APC Android Boards, and Raspberry Pi.
Founder2011 - 2012Delivery Startup
Technologies: Django, App Engine, Google Maps, PayPal IPN
- Created an online system for person-to-person courier deliveries that solved the "customer not at home" problem.
- Created a concept and a developed mobile-first web site (Django and App Engine).
- Handled the Google Maps and PayPal IPN integration.
Software Developer2009 - 2011Bloxx
Technologies: Linux, Ubuntu, Debian, Red Hat, CentOS, Python, C, PostgreSQL, Bash, Git, C++, Subversion, PHP, Zend, Dojo, KVM, ESXi, Buildbot, Jenkins
- Created and migrated the development to a continuous integration build-and-test system.
- Eliminated over 50% of the server estate by migrating a physical data center to VMware ESXi.
- Acted as a system administrator and backed up the VM servers running 80+ virtual machines.
- Created and launched a new product appliance, called Media Filter, as part of a small team.
- Developed and maintained Linux packages and automated system installers.
- Built a benchmark system to measure network throughput of the filter appliance.
- Optimized throughput by implementing multi-threading and asynchronous I/O.
Architecture Lead2004 - 2008Gentoo Linux
Technologies: Gentoo, Linux, Xen, Kernel, Ebuilds
- Packaged and maintained 10+ applications including the Xen and Linux kernel.
- Created LIRC—a based infrared remote control (IR-USB) driver for the 2.6 kernel.
- Diagnosed and fixed kernel and driver issues.
- Built and released ISO installer images.
Solutions Architect2005 - 2006Edesix
Technologies: Linux, C, Java, Python, Subversion, Eclipse, GCC, PostgreSQL
- Installed, configured, and performance-tested bespoke Linux servers for clients.
- Created an embedded modem factory test system using Linux Asterisk PBX.
- Wrote an Asterisk driver for a soft modem with frequency resampling.
- Wrote an embedded device driver for a Vodafone Radio-Pad modem.
- Developed QA test processes and code for point-of-sale terminals.
- Ported a point-of-sale embedded platform code to new ASIC hardware.
- Discovered and characterized the ASIC bug.
- Created a server-side management web application using the Echo2 Java framework.
- Developed network problem diagnosis hardware using Linux and libpcap.
- Developed Windows graphical embedded firmware updater in Python and wxWindows.
- Created a secure Linux manufacture test system with GPG signatures for Chinese factories.