Verified Expert in Engineering
Software development is Chris's greatest passion. He's always looking for something new to learn. Currently a senior developer, his goal is to be a software architect. He has a master's degree in computer science, has published papers, and has given many talks about computer science. He's worked with companies like HP, Softtek, and Herbalife on critical business apps, so he knows how to work with distributed teams and high responsibility.
GitHub, Windows, Azure, .NET Core, .NET 5
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a web API using Windows Azure Cloud computing to calculate recommendations to third-party systems and their customers using AI.
Full-stack .Net Developer
- Designed and developed two brand-new cloud-based apps using Microsoft Azure.
- Refactored a legacy application to use the latest technologies such as Angular, .NET 7, and Azure.
- Applied basic Terraform scripts to create infrastructure builds.
.NET Team Lead Developer
- Managed a small team of developers to develop two critical projects for the company.
- Worked on data migration and UI changes in a company merge project.
- Led the development involving ASPX, ASP Web Forms, ASP MVC, ASP API, and ASP.NET Core.
Senior .NET and Azure Developer
- Worked on 14 web API microservices deployed on Azure.
- Wrote unit tests and integration tests for the services.
- Developed several apps to support the platforms we worked on.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Maintained and developed a web app for financial services.
- Maintained and developed some support services for the main app.
- Participated in multiple architectural decisions and implementations.
.NET Lead Developer
- Created several providers to communicate with external vendors allowing interaction between their app and different technologies using HTTP, SOAP, and TCP.
- Led a team of five developers to deliver high-quality milestones for our client.
- Designed a lot of ETL application processes to migrate vendors' data to our database.
Freelance Front-end Developer
Shapeshift (via Toptal)
- Created a single-page app based on Angular 4 from scratch.
- Created communication mechanisms for web sockets communication so the app could support real-time updates.
- Helped on integration with the current application and its communication with the app.
Allegria Spa (via Toptal)
- Maintained a web application.
- Did styles, files, and content updates.
- Helped to fix minor bugs.
Freelance Senior Full-stack Developer
Vox Global (via Toptal)
- Worked with AngularJS to create client-side applications to build reports dynamically.
Senior Software Developer
- Analyzed and designed new functionalities for an eCommerce page—no CMS used.
- Developed new enhancements for both an eCommerce page and a page to configure multiple websites.
- Managed and deployed software application updates on Windows Azure.
- Provided production support for all our applications.
- Developed front-end and back-end features using .NET technologies.
Machine Learning Expert/Developer
Waikato, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Developed a web API using Microsoft .NET with token authorization.
- Developed both front-end and back-end features.
- Used Azure DocumentDB.
- Used Fitbit’s web API.
- Provided continuous integration with daily deployments to Microsoft Azure.
Software Engineer Contractor
- Supported four critical financial applications used for all countries.
- Developed new functionalities for critical applications with a high impact on the business.
- Implemented new functionalities on QA and production environments.
- Analyzed and designed new functionalities for high-impact applications.
- Led the development team through all the application lifecycle.
- Developed front-end and back-end features using Adobe technology.
- Developed new enhancements for an ERP system.
- Provided production support for all our applications.
- Migrated the database from Informix to SQL Server.
- Looked after web servers.
Minesweeper Using Angular and .NET Core Web APIhttps://github.com/ccaldera/minesweeper-API
ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Web API, .NET, Entity 5, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), ASP.NET Web Forms, Razor, Entity Framework Core, Angular, Bootstrap, AngularJS, ASP.NET MVC 4, Adobe Flex, MVC Razor, .NET Core, .NET 5
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST, Microservices, Real-time Systems, RESTful Development, Unit Testing
Azure, Azure PaaS, Azure Event Hubs, Windows, Azure Service Fabric, Azure Functions, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Azure SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Azure DocumentDB, Azure Queue, MongoDB, Azure Websites, MySQL, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Blobs, Redis, JSON, Azure Table Storage, Databases
Web Services, Full-stack, APIs, Back-end, Azure Service Bus, Azure Worker Roles, Azure Web Roles, Leadership, Architecture, Pattern Design, WebSockets, Technical Leadership, CI/CD Pipelines, VM, Microsoft Azure, Database as a Service (DBaaS), Adobe LiveCycle, Tokenization, Azure Stream Analytics, Octopus Deploy, IT Project Management, Digital Transformation, Business Models, Software Development, Machine Learning, Software Architecture, Domain-driven Design (DDD), IT Management
Azure Blob Storage API, jQuery, Google Maps, Google Maps API, REST APIs, Web API, ASPX, AutoMapper, Linq2SQL
TFS, GitHub, Azure DevOps Services, Azure Search, Azure App Service, Dapper, Subversion (SVN), Visual Studio 2015, Git, Azure Key Vault, Jira, LINQ to SQL
Master's Degree in IT Project Management
Tecnológico de Monterrey - Mexico
Master’s Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
Instituto Tecnológico de La Laguna - Torreon, Coahuila, Mexico
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Universidad Politécnica Gómez Palacio - Gomez Palacio, Durango, Mexico