Technical Lead2018 - 2021Department for Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs (Defra)
- Joined Defra as the first developer on a greenfield project that required developmental direction. I was hired to build a scalable, extensible authentication and user management tool to be consumed by all of Defra's public-facing services.
- Developed an effective development team of five that would produce the deliverables defined in the project specification.
- Led teams in Defra identity-consuming services to integrate with the new identity application, including onboarding sessions, documentation, and continued support during the integration process.
- Utilized OpenID Connect via Microsoft B2C and the HMRC Government Gateway authentication service.
- Developed and released the software under the pressure of the looming Brexit deadline and scrutiny of dependant Defra services.
- Delivered the project, which was driven primarily by the new services required in time for Brexit, such as services to facilitate the import and export of goods, and later made available to all Defra services.
CTO2013 - 2018Ratio
- Recruited by the CEO as a senior developer to spearhead Ratio’s development projects and progressed to become the CTO and mentor to a team of six developers.
- Developed Carter, a schemaless CMS, using Node.js, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch. Pivoted after inception to incorporate functionality to recommend financial products to consumers for choosewisely.co.uk.
- Built ClearChoice, a Node.js and MySQL application, to revolutionize the process of recommending financial products to consumers. The application makes requests via loan providers’ APIs to acquire a response for customers.
- Developed choosewisely.co.uk, a PHP site backed by a Microsft SQL Server. It finds and compares financial products mainly for subprime customers. It also acts as a layer on top of Carter, allowing affiliates to display products on their sites.
Senior Full-stack Developer2015 - 2017Remora
- Analyzed user gestures to determine whether the user was about to leave the site to take appropriate action.
- Developed an accompanying microservice-based API for logging user behavior once it had been identified that the user was about to leave.
Senior Full-stack Developer2014 - 2016Briefd
- Built a web app that lets users choose which combination of underwear style they would like delivered every month.
- Developed an algorithm that makes sure the user gets a variation of their chosen options every month.
- Integrated with a recurring payment system to take users' monthly subscription payments.
Web Developer2010 - 2013The Richmond Group
Technologies: PHP, HTML, CSS, Microsoft SQL Server, Software Development, SQL, HTML5, RESTful APIs, Front-end, REST APIs, Back-end, CSS3, Fintech, Express.js
- Developed a service called CreditXtra, which offered users quick and easy access to their credit files.
- Created and optimized Microsoft SQL Server stored procedures to improve database performance.
- Developed Loanfinder, a site that interacted with affiliate services to find suitable loans for sub-prime customers.
- Received the company's developer of the year award in 2012 after showing considerable skill and adeptness in the projects I worked on.