Software Developer2012 - PRESENTAligned Software Solutions
Technologies: Elixir/Phoenix, Ruby on Rails, Angular, Grails, .NET/.NET Core, Scala, Firebase, Akka, GraphQL
- Developed a real-time intelligence platform for trucking companies, a modern buy/sell platform, a versatile dynamic form definition and data collection platform, a search engine, a payday loan management system, and a campaign management and lead generation platform.
- Provided software development services across a range of industries, from marketing, finance, and insurance to trucking.
Chief Technology Officer2011 - 2012TicTalking
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Node.js, MongoDB, jQuery
- Assembled a solid development team.
- Guided TickTalking through refinement of the ambitious vision of building the beta release.
- Established a lean development process that supported continuous learning.
- Participated actively in application development.
- Set the stage for the new business models that are now actively executed by TicTalking.
Software Developer2011 - 2011Coast Mountain Bus Company
Technologies: ASP.NET, nCQRS, jQuery, MS SQL
- Built an application for managing requests for access to video from the bus cameras.
- Delivered the full feature set ahead of schedule.
- Collaborated effectively with the customer.
- Handled CQRS/ES architecture and provided excellent test coverage.
- Advised on Agile practices, BDD/TDD, IoC/DI, and CI for other internal projects.
Software Developer2007 - 2011Vitrium Systems
Technologies: ASP.NET (WebForms and MVC), C#, SQL Server/Reporting Services, O/RM (NHibernate), XML, SOAP, WSDL, ActionScript/Flex, SharePoint, Enterprise Messaging Bus (NServiceBus)
- Designed the distributed architecture for the Smart Technology Platform.
- Built the supporting messaging framework.
- Built the PDF form field generation module.
- Built a PDF form layout engine.
- Wrote a SWF bytecode manipulation tool.
- Created a SharePoint site upgrade tool.
Software Developer2001 - 2007NIMs
Technologies: J2EE, Oracle, Java applets, PDF
- Built several games for an online casino.
- Developed a print-on-demand solution for personalization of children books.
- Created a cruise availability engine.
- Managed a team of 7 people.
- Handled project planning and software architecture.
Software Developer, Architect, Team Lead2001 - 2007TravTech
Technologies: Microsoft .NET stack, nHibernate
- Designed and built the workflow management sub-system as a basis for implementing the complex data management procedures.
- Designed and built special offers, cash discounting, and price caching modules.
- Designed and built the content and inventory management systems.
- Led a team of 10 developers.
- Introduced Agile development practices.