Technical Evangelist2019 - PRESENTApress
Technologies: NoSQL, Azure, Azure Cosmos DB, Model View Controller (MVC), C#
- Created technical videos to engage developers and showcase cutting-edge technologies.
Technical Evangelist2018 - PRESENTOkta
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure Cosmos DB, MySQL, Outlook, Google Calendar API, Microservices, Okta, Twilio, Azure, AWS, DocumentDB, C#
- Developed example apps to demonstrate the use of particular technologies while building secure applications.
Full-stack Developer | DevOps2019 - 2019Blacc Spot Media
Technologies: Twilio, Microsoft SQL Server, DevOps, GitLab CI/CD, Azure, Windows Azure SDK, C#
- Built custom text messaging application that helped customers identify which windshield wiper they needed to purchase.
Full-stack Developer2018 - 2019Inception Websites
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, AWS, Microsoft SQL Server, SendGrid, Less, CSS, TypeScript, Vue.js, C#
- Built a custom email marketing system for a client to offer to its customers. The system was similar to Mailchimp in functionality but tailored for dentists.
Lead Developer and Project Manager2018 - 2019Upliftr Messaging
- Started as lead UX developer and advanced to team lead and project manager.
- Coached other team members on process improvement, task completion, and technical challenges.
- Create a custom UI component out of a <div> that worked like email addresses do in the "To" field of an email.
Lead Developer2018 - 2018Sensentia
Technologies: PDF Scraping, C#
- Developed software that extracted data from hundreds of thousands of PDF documents about insurance plans, then organized the extracted data to provide reports to business owners.
Lead UX Developer2018 - 2018Synergized SARL
- Served as the lead UX developer responsible for creating a first-class Vue.js web application.
Developer Consultant2017 - 2018Intellicorp Records (Enterprise Client)
Technologies: Single-page Applications (SPA), HTML5, Kentico, Salesforce, CyberSource, DocuSign, Bootstrap, Vue.js, .NET, C#, Node.js, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Drove the process improvement efforts associated with the development team’s agile transformation.
- Implemented serverless near real-time virus scanning for file uploads in AWS (S3, SMS, SQS, and Lambda).
- Developed implementations for the CyberSource silent order post-payment gateway, DocuSign electronic document signing (via a web portal and email), the creation of leads in Salesforce, and Kentico headless CMS.
- Designed and built software and database schema to automate client registrations.
Issue Response Team Lead2016 - 2017AXS (Enterprise Client)
- Built a new team that supported high priority production issues with scope over the company’s full product line.
- Assimilated new team members, defined roles, team building, coaching, and mentorship.
- Acted as the last line of support for the company’s production bugs, in a nearly 1 billion dollar a year business.
- Established workflows for reporting and receiving tickets, execution of work, applying resolutions, quality assurance, and technical documentation.
- Provided technical expertise and insights to direct troubleshooting efforts and solution development.
- Applied Angular expertise to troubleshoot and solve complex UX problems in a hand-full of Angular websites.
Scrum Master2015 - 2016University Hospitals (Enterprise Client)
Technologies: React, Angular, HTML5, SOA, Microsoft SQL Server, Model View Controller (MVC), C#, TFS
- Implemented a Scrum development process with one-week iterations.
- Provided UI expertise with Angular and React to troubleshoot existing UI problems and build new user-friendly forms—revamping the user experience.
- Reduced the size of DAL by 50%.
- Consolidated multiple BL class libraries into a single reusable library.
- Introduced automated E2E testing to facilitate regression testing each push to QA.
- Provided UX development with Angular and React as well as HTML5 and CSS.
- Increased productivity by 60.9% in six weeks and by over 100% in eight weeks.
Senior Process Control Engineer2014 - 2015Timken Steel
Technologies: Visual SourceSafe, Kepware Server (PLC Integration), Microsoft SQL Server, C#
- Built a new L2/L3 communication service and client wrapper that handled all the communication to and from PLCs, using two-way RPCs over TCP/IP sockets with sub-millisecond read times.
- Interacted with machine operators to troubleshoot problems and develop new features.
Developer Consultant2013 - 2013Parts Source (Enterprise Client)
- Executed a test-driven approach that provided 100% code coverage with unit tests.
- Built new features into a WCF web application.
- Expanded the SOA with JSON web services.
Developer Consultant2012 - 2013Vitamix (Enterprise Client)
- Resolved source control conflicts going back several years in TFS and implemented a feature and bug branching strategy.
- Worked with internal customers to enhance and maintain the Sitecore and Znode CMS that drove a public-facing website.
Developer Consultant2011 - 2012Safeguard Properties (Enterprise Client)
- Designed and developed an enterprise-wide service bus built in .NET.
- Implemented a NoSQL layer between persistent data storage and the DAL and supported more than a dozen different programming languages running on three different operating systems.
- Worked with internal customers to maintain a C# web forms application—a work order system distributing work to thousands of contracted companies across the US and surrounding regions.
President2008 - 2012Software Assassin
- Managed projects and customer relationships.
- Networked and consulted with clients; also searched for potential clients.
- Managed the facility and finances.
Software Engineer2000 - 2008Coactive Systems, Inc.
- Created relational database designs.
- Managed the project and led a team of three.
- Worked on DOM scripting (before jQuery).