Senior Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTNew York On Air
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Redis, Memcached
- Designed and built the API for their flight-booking system.
- Implemented Stripe credit cards and ACH Wire payments.
- Implemented flight scheduling logic.
- Produced very solid test coverage from day one.
- Built a dynamic schedule generation solution that leverages intelligent background caching for great performance.
Founder | Software Engineer2014 - PRESENTPyreal Software
Technologies: Vue.js, React, Node.js, Firebase, Meteor.js, Sass, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, AWS, Digital Ocean
- Built an online classifieds site and grew it to 15,000 users and sold it; it is still active.
- Created a real-time collaborative playlist that is still active and has 20,000 songs played monthly.
- Built Air Canada's global sales conference websites.
- Developed a web application that can turn static course notes into interactive study materials for students.
- Helped businesses with hiring and placing junior web developers.
- Constructed a league management system that handles payments, registration, scheduling, score reporting, and rankings.
Mentor2014 - PRESENTLighthouse Labs
- Mentored students who were learning Ruby on Rails.
- Helped local businesses interview and hire the top students for internships.
Senior Software Developer2017 - 2018Hack Capital
Technologies: Node.js, Vue.js, MySQL, AWS, Amazon Aurora
- Planned for the deprecation and migration of a legacy PHP codebase to Node.js.
- Prepared database migrations to clean and improve the quality of the existing MySQL database. Some tables had hundreds of millions of rows.
- Created an OAuth 2.0 *provider* for the new API so that developers could create applications and users could grant partial privileges.
Lead Web Developer2015 - 2017Fitplan.com
Technologies: Node.js, React, MongoDB, Stripe, Sails.js, Digital Ocean
- Created their payment processing and recurring subscription system backed by Stripe.
- Internationalized their site to support multiple languages.
- Built, launched, tested, and maintained their core website.
- Hired and trained a junior developer to help with development.
- Integrated the website with their third-party API so that data can be stored in a single place.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014Retsly (acquired by Zillow)
Technologies: Node.js, MongoDB, Express.js
- Improved and maintained the data collection code that retrieved real estate data.
- Helped to build the user dashboard.
- Was involved in the implementation and refinement of their public API; also aided in the documentation of it.
- Pyreal Software (Development)https://www.pyreal.co/
More of my work can be seen on my portfolio website.
- New York On Air (Development)https://www.flynyon.com/
One of the brand's sites for New York On Air, "FlyNYON". I built the API that this site runs on which handles everything from flight management to payment processing.
- Fitplan (Development)https://www.fitplanapp.com/
Working with their designer, I built Fitplan's website in React and Node.js. It supports multiple languages and also has a recurring subscription and billing system which I also built.
The recurring subscription system was very valuable to the company because it saved them from paying 30% fees to Apple for subscription made through their app.
- Retsly (Development)https://rets.ly/
Retsly is a company that I worked at. I helped build their website and their data harvester that would collect and normalize real estate data.
- DJ2Q (Development)http://dj2q.com/
This is a collaborative real-time playlist. You can load any video from YouTube and share the room with friends so that they can all contribute songs.
- Functional Fitness League (Development)https://yvr.league.fit/
A league management system for gyms to compete against each other. I built the entire site. Some features include payment processing with Stripe, team creation and player registration, scheduling, score reporting, rankings, and profiles.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Express.js, Sails.js
Libraries/APIsStripe, Node.js, Vuex, Vue.js
ParadigmsREST, Test-driven Development (TDD)
StorageMySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Memcached, Redis
PlatformsHeroku, Firebase, Ubuntu, Amazon Web Services (AWS)