Senior Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTNew York On Air
Technologies: Memcached, Redis, MySQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Designed and built the API for their flight-booking system.
- Implemented Stripe credit cards and ACH Wire payments.
- Implemented flight scheduling logic.
- Produced very solid test coverage from day one.
- Built a dynamic schedule generation solution that leverages intelligent background caching for great performance.
Founder | Software Engineer2014 - PRESENTPyreal Software
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Digital, AWS, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Sass, Meteor, Firebase, Node.js, React, Vue.js
- Built an online classifieds site and grew it to 15,000 users and sold it; it is still active.
- Created a real-time collaborative playlist that is still active and has 20,000 songs played monthly.
- Built Air Canada's global sales conference websites.
- Developed a web application that can turn static course notes into interactive study materials for students.
- Helped businesses with hiring and placing junior web developers.
- Constructed a league management system that handles payments, registration, scheduling, score reporting, and rankings.
Mentor2014 - PRESENTLighthouse Labs
- Mentored students who were learning Ruby on Rails.
- Helped local businesses interview and hire the top students for internships.
Senior Software Developer2017 - 2018Hack Capital
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Aurora, AWS, MySQL, Vue.js, Node.js
- Planned for the deprecation and migration of a legacy PHP codebase to Node.js.
- Prepared database migrations to clean and improve the quality of the existing MySQL database. Some tables had hundreds of millions of rows.
- Created an OAuth 2.0 *provider* for the new API so that developers could create applications and users could grant partial privileges.
Lead Web Developer2015 - 2017Fitplan.com
Technologies: Digital, Sails.js, Stripe, MongoDB, React, Node.js
- Created their payment processing and recurring subscription system backed by Stripe.
- Internationalized their site to support multiple languages.
- Built, launched, tested, and maintained their core website.
- Hired and trained a junior developer to help with development.
- Integrated the website with their third-party API so that data can be stored in a single place.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014Retsly (acquired by Zillow)
Technologies: Express.js, MongoDB, Node.js
- Improved and maintained the data collection code that retrieved real estate data.
- Helped to build the user dashboard.
- Was involved in the implementation and refinement of their public API; also aided in the documentation of it.