Verified Expert in Engineering
Full-stack Web Developer
Ubuntu, Zsh, ITerm, Git, Sublime Text, MacBook, GraphQL, Next.js, Figma
The most amazing...
...thing I've produced is the complete API for a helicopter company, supporting flight management, scheduling, billing, communications, and much more!
Senior Software Engineer
New York On Air
- Designed and built a custom online sales platform.
- Designed and built their internal flight management system.
- Built a dynamic schedule generation solution that leverages intelligent background caching for a fantastic performance.
Founder | Software Engineer
- Built an online classifieds site, grew it to 15,000 users, and sold it; it is still active.
- Created a real-time collaborative playlist that is still active and has 20,000 songs played monthly.
- Built Air Canada's global sales conference websites.
- Developed a web application that can turn static course notes into interactive study materials for students.
- Helped businesses with hiring and placing junior web developers.
- Constructed a league management system that handles payments, registration, scheduling, score reporting, and rankings.
Lead Full-stack Developer
- Built the API for a "batch tracking" tool to help management visualize thousands of products' manufacturing, testing, and shipping progress.
- Designed and documented best practices for development, testing, and deploying software within the organization.
- Helped interview and hire 15 additional developers.
- Built a reporting tool for summarizing COVID-19 vaccine manufacturing progress for C-Suite.
Senior Software Developer
- Planned for the deprecation and migration of a legacy PHP codebase to Node.js.
- Prepared database migrations to clean and improve the quality of the existing MySQL database. Some tables had hundreds of millions of rows.
- Created an OAuth 2.0 *provider* for the new API so that developers could create applications and users could grant partial privileges.
- Mentored students who were learning Ruby on Rails.
- Helped local businesses interview and hire the top students for internships.
Lead Web Developer
- Created their payment processing and recurring subscription system backed by Stripe.
- Internationalized their site to support multiple languages.
- Built, launched, tested, and maintained their core website.
- Hired and trained a junior developer to help with development.
- Integrated the website with their third-party API so that data can be stored in a single place.
Retsly (acquired by Zillow)
- Improved and maintained the data collection code that retrieved real estate data.
- Helped to build the user dashboard.
- Was involved in the implementation and refinement of their public API; also aided in the documentation of it.
New York On Airhttps://www.flynyon.com/
The recurring subscription system was very valuable to the company because it saved them from paying 30% fees to Apple for subscription made through their app.
Functional Fitness League
Express.js, Sails.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), AdonisJS, NestJS, Next.js, Nuxt.js
Stripe, Node.js, Vuex, Vue, React, Vue 2
Git, Sublime Text, ITerm, Zsh, Shell, Figma
Test-driven Development (TDD), REST
Heroku, Firebase, Ubuntu, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Meteor, Linux
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Memcached, Redis, MongoDB, Amazon Aurora
Software Development, Back-end, APIs, Web Scraping, MacBook, Digital