Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTMicrosoft
Technologies: Azure, Kubernetes, C#, Windows PowerShell, Linux, Azure Active Directory, DevOps, ASP.NET Core MVC
- Built an Azure, Kubernetes, and ASP.NET Core microservice platform to enable modern Agile development of product features alongside a legacy non-Agile product while handling microservice security and operations across multiple compliance zones.
- Designed and built the identity and access management microservice for our microservice platform and the C#-based framework for automatic service discovery, token acquisition, and role-based access control in our services from untrusted clients.
- Designed and built the integration between React apps and our microservice platform, enabling modern Agile development of React apps embedded within a legacy non-Agile application and communication between the legacy client and React client.
- Collaborated with the teams using our microservice platform to better understand their actual usage patterns versus our intended usage patterns. Modified our framework and formulated processes to maximize the platform-user consistency and synergy.
- Joined a new team temporarily, as their development of a critical feature had stagnated. I ended up reimplementing the whole C# layer while broadening the scope of features covered in the initial release and implementing DevOps features like CI/CD.
Site Reliability Engineer2015 - 2018Microsoft
Technologies: Azure, SQL, C#, IIS, Windows, Windows PowerShell, Azure Active Directory, DevOps, ASP.NET Core MVC
- Owned a collection of legacy black-box ETL data pipelines used across Microsoft's marketing and eCommerce systems. Managed a small team of vendors to keep the system operational while I audited and overhauled the system with cloud-based solutions.
- Overhauled the L7 load balancer (URL rewrite system) on Microsoft's website with a cloud-based solution to enable improved testing and safer rollout and separating routing data from routing logic while also enabling continued auditing and cleanup.
- Wrote a playbook and scripts for easily migrating various small services (including time.windows.com) to cloud-native and DevOps solutions while complying with our organization's specific operational and compliance requirements.
- Overhauled the deployment system for Microsoft's marketing and eCommerce rendering services.
- Audited the 90,000-line DevOps codebase and applied declarative programming methodology, reducing the system to 3,000 lines while enabling increased resiliency.