CIO2014 - PRESENTMineIQ
Technologies: Hardware, Modbus Protocol, Play, SIP, MySQL
- Designed, developed, and deployed a full "mine tracking and operations" application. Unified all the systems below to create a security, control, and KPI system that is far more valuable than the sum of the individual components.
- Integrated with 3rd party RFID tracking systems to produce real-time visual tracking for underground use.
- Integrated with 3rd party SIP-based radio trunking system to allow communication between the operating room and people underground.
- Integrated with 3rd party OPC servers to display and control electronic "leeky feeder" amplifiers.
- Integrated with CAD tools to port underground mine schematics for use on the web.
- Integrated with 3rd party gate-control system to open and close physical gates within a mine site.
- Integrated with 3rd party modbus-based underground ventilation and gas detection system to control fans and alerts.
Lead Web Developer and DevOps2014 - PRESENTMomentus
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, AWS, PHP, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, AngularJS, Meteor, Django
- Led web service development and devops on a variety of projects for high-profile clients, such as Verizon Wireless, Shakira, John Frieda, Lululemon, and many others.
- Created a system designed to relieve data congestion within the Verizon Wireless cellular network. The system can scale to serve hundreds of millions of devices.
- Made a real-time data visualization tool that could parse, interpret and interactively display data (streams of raw bytes) collected by a so-called Internet of Things application.
- Built an API and admin panel to serve and manage a mobile application similar to Netflix, with scheduled content delivery and other advanced features. Used innovative techniques that allow this application to serve tens of millions of users on day one (pre-existing user base), and the servers don't even break a sweat.
- Used cURL and page scraping against the official John Frieda webapp to build a concise API that serves the official John Frieda mobile app. This application uses iBeacon to deliver targeted in-store products to users.
- Built a back-end and web-based admin panel to serve a mobile messaging application.
- Created a highly-secure file and user management and delivery application with both mobile and web components.
- Created Firefox and Chrome extensions that integrate with Gmail, Yahoo mail, and Outlook that provide these email clients with additional features to encrypt, recall and expire email messages, including their attachments attachments.
- Built upon the back-end of the official Shakira mobile application, including the ShakMAP and eCommerce components.
Developer2013 - PRESENTDigital Objects, Inc.
Technologies: CSS, HTML, jQuery, PostgreSQL, Python, Django
- Developed a client to automate trading of goods.
- Emulated behavior and interactions of a third-party client with its target server.
- Wrote scripts to automate client and database updates.
- Made a Django-based web application to control and report on client activities.
- Designed PostgreSQL database.
- Contributed and implemented useful features that were beyond the scope of the project requirements.
Developer2013 - 2014Flecha Mobile
Technologies: CSS, HTML, jQuery, MySQL, PHP, Yii
- Developed a web-based project management tool.
- Designed database and object models.
- Implemented both server-side and client side logic and UI.
- Extended various third-party jQuery plugins.
- Setup a VPS with Debian 7, Nginx, PHP-FPM, Yii, Xcache, SVN, and appropriate chroot environments.
Postdoctoral Fellow2012 - 2013University of Guelph
Technologies: MongoDB, R, PHP, Python, Java
- Analyzed agricultural production and trade data from the United Nations-managed FAOSTAT database.
- Built a PyQT application used to create and update a local copy of a remote database. This was required for an HPC application.
- Wrote a library of Python functions to calculate agricultural metrics not provided by the FAOSTAT web application.
- Used parallelization and database query caching to drastically reduce runtime of various algorithms.
- Improved on statistical techniques used in dendrochronolgy.
- Built a web application that allows users to generate synthetic tree ring data, upload their own data, or pull data from public repositories. The application can then analyze said data using cutting-edge statistical algorithms.
- Co-supervised multiple graduate students' research projects.
- Co-organized an international conference session.
Developer, Research Assistant2002 - 2004SNOLab
Technologies: Bash, Java, C++
- Improved an algorithm to predict the location of galactic supernovae from neutrino data (written in C++).
- Automated the alert of neutrino burst events via cell phone.
- Created a neutrino burst analysis tool used for filtering data and applying statistical algorithms (written in Java).
- Produced detailed documentation on the usage of the burst analysis tool.
- Implemented a moving-time window algorithm to suppress the number of false supernova alarms.