Software Engineer | Back-end Contractor2021 - PRESENT
Technologies: Scala, Python 3, Okta, Python
- Performed security-related updates across the entire health tool suite requiring rapid learning of each tool.
- Led an award-winning hack week project to detect and delete dead code from the monorepo.
- Spearheaded the effort to update an unmaintainable service that none of the current developers had enough knowledge about.
Framework Architect and Lead Engineer2017 - 2021Monterey Technologies
Technologies: Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Jira, Java, Docker, Gradle, IntelliJ, Artifactory, Jenkins, JSON, Spring Boot, MyBatis, Microservices, Architecture, Git, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Architected a reusable geospatial planning SDK used in seven different software applications.
- Created the software process from scratch, including the coding standards, tech stack, software patterns, development toolset, CI/CD pipeline, and team culture.
- Built a set of reusable design patterns that reduced team development time. As a result, we managed to be the highest productivity team out of a 30+ team enterprise.
- Transitioned a legacy monolith application into a set of deployable Docker container-based microservices.
Staff Software Engineer2008 - 2017Lockheed Martin
Technologies: Java, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, Docker, Software Architecture, Agile Project Management, Agile, IntelliJ, Gradle, Jenkins, Jira, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Git, Python 3, MongoDB, REST, Spring Microservice, XML, JSON, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python
- Reintegrated a project to help solve a technical issue blocking client acceptance. I was able to solve these issues and 20 other defects in a 6-week period.
- Worked as the unique developer of an application to measure contract staffing requirements over time, thus ensuring proper staffing levelers.
- Built an application framework for a research and development project after converted into a production system. I oversaw the conversion and adoption of the project.