Software Engineer | Back-end Contractor2021 - PRESENT
Technologies: Scala, Python 3, Okta, Python
- Performed security-related updates across the entire health tool suite requiring rapid learning of each tool.
- Led an award-winning hack week project to detect and delete dead code from the monorepo.
- Spearheaded the effort to update an unmaintainable service that none of the current developers had enough knowledge about.
Framework Architect and Lead Engineer2017 - 2021Monterey Technologies
Technologies: Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Jira, Java, Docker, Gradle, IntelliJ, Artifactory, Jenkins, JSON, Spring Boot, MyBatis, Microservices, Architecture, AWS, Git, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Architected a reusable geospatial planning SDK used in seven different software applications.
- Created the software process from scratch, including the coding standards, tech stack, software patterns, development toolset, CI/CD pipeline, and team culture.
- Built a set of reusable design patterns that reduced team development time. As a result, we managed to be the highest productivity team out of a 30+ team enterprise.
- Transitioned a legacy monolith application into a set of deployable Docker container-based microservices.
Staff Software Engineer2008 - 2017Lockheed Martin
Technologies: Java, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, Docker, Software Architecture, Agile Project Management, Agile, IntelliJ, Gradle, Jenkins, Jira, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Git, Python 3, MongoDB, REST, Spring Microservice, XML, JSON, AWS, Python
- Reintegrated a project to help solve a technical issue blocking client acceptance. I was able to solve these issues and 20 other defects in a 6-week period.
- Worked as the unique developer of an application to measure contract staffing requirements over time, thus ensuring proper staffing levelers.
- Built an application framework for a research and development project after converted into a production system. I oversaw the conversion and adoption of the project.