- IT Architect2014 - PRESENTAT&T
Technologies: J2EE, Maven, Jenkins, TestNG, Apache Cassandra, Apache ZooKeeper, Apache Storm, JMS, RabbitMQ, JNDI, JIRA, Agile, Scrum
- Design, develop, document and analyze overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software.
- Determine integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs.
- Coordinate design and integration of total system including subsystems.
- Research and recommend technology to improve the current systems.
- Hands on implementation of systems solutions.
- Responsible for developing architectures and hands-on implementation of solution to complex business problems.
- Responsible for discovering pain points from a customer perspective, driving evolution of framework and runtime components, implement and support solutions.
- System Specialist2012 - 2014Bell Helicopter
Technologies: Perl, SQL, PL/SQL, Java, R
- Assisted with Factory Planner-to-SAP report migrations, primarily based in Perl/Oracle.
- Created an Android application and services to track shop floor movements.
- Expanded developer tool set by creating efficient core modules for batch access.
- Developed software infrastructure for quicker error reporting and handling and problem resolution.
- Integrated SharePoint document controls for automated report retrieval.
- Technical Lead2010 - 2012Travelocity
Technologies: Java, Perl, SQL, PL/SQL
- Lead a team of co-located developers across three continents to create backbone services used by live site and external partners.
- Lead development of hotel price feed storage and retrieval - a synchronized, distributed system that is responsible for hundreds of millions of records on a rolling basis. This single project had the highest conversion rate site-wide after launch.
- Integrated third-party review system for hotels and cruises.
- Lead installation and development of NoSQL (Apache Cassandra) integration
- Created and maintained ETL batch services utilizing Spring for service content population and verification.
- Developer2009 - 2010Bell Helicopter
Technologies: Perl, SQL, PL/SQL, SharePoint API
- Created and maintained Perl-based Factory Planner reporting scripts
- Generated hierarchical logistics tracking to detect MRP volatility
- Create Perl-based SharePoint API for report uploading and data retrieval
- Create client-side Perl/Tk application for detailed report generation utilizing Win32::OLE
- Enhanced .NET framework with smart batch uploading to Oracle
- Developer2006 - 2009Dresser Wayne
Technologies: TCL, TWAPI/WMI, SQL, Java, Perl
- Created Tcl scripts for consumption of Point of Sale (cash register) information and output in a standardized format.
- Created TWAPI/WMI scripts for monitoring of hardware statistics.
- Created scripts to interface with Gas station gas price display signs via parallel ports.
- Assisted with debugging and maintenance on Java/Groovy reporting web interface
- Enhanced core scripting framework by introducing additional efficiency.
- Developer2006 - 2006Verizon Wireless
Technologies: Java, JSP, Perl, SQL, PL/SQL, VBA
- Generated reports on wireless disaster recovery output to Excel
- Assisted with JBoss/JSP intranet maintenance and page creation.
- Created custom VBA code to comply with customer-specific requirements.
- Created and maintained custom PL/SQL code that facilitated report creation.
- Responsible for internal customer interaction, requirements gathering and analysis.
- Developer2005 - 2006Performance Retail (Dresser Wayne)
Technologies: TCL, TWAPI/WMI, SQL, Java, Perl
- Created, maintained, and improved TCL scripts for ETL processes from POS machines.
- Responsible for data migration to MySQL back-end servers.
- Created custom TWAPI/WMI scripts for hardware monitoring on-site at customer location.
- Developed direct price modification program to interface with digital price signage.
- Enhanced core functionality by expanding developer toolkit.
- Developer2004 - 2005Army Air Force Exchange Services
Technologies: Perl, PL/SQL, SQL
- Created fully automated ETL process to handle all financial record migration to data warehouse on a nightly basis.
- Modified existing PL/SQL procedures to enhance loading times dramatically.
- Created developer tools for performance monitoring and reporting
- Worked extensively with customers to document project needs and architect solution
- Won AAFES Award for Outstanding Work for work completed on this project.
- Software Engineer2002 - 2004Travelocity
Technologies: Java, JSP, C++, TCL, SQL, Perl
- Led a team of developers to convert hotel booking path to Java/JSP.
- Created and enhanced existing developer documentation and UML surrounding hotel core classes and capabilities.
- Assisted in migration of shopping paths for Packages and Hotels from C++/TCL to Java/JSP.
- Created and maintained C++/TCL pages in Packaging/Hotels.
- Assisted with architecture of hotel path infrastructure.
- Vignette Technical Lead2000 - 2002Nokia via One, Inc.
Technologies: TCL, SQL, PL/SQL, ABAP
- Created automated template generator utilizing Vignette StoryServer CMS.
- Translated SAP ABAP reports to PL/SQL with Vignette front-end.
- Assisted with security optimizations for existing Nokia site.
- Worked with co-located team to enhance report and site capabilities.
- Lead Developer2000 - 2000Service911.com
Technologies: TCL, SQL, T-SQL
- Led a team to create site-building infrastructure that reduced sub-site creation time from weeks to hours.
- Utilized Vignette StoryServer CMS to customize portals for help content.
- Optimized database and T-SQL procedures.
- Technical Lead1999 - 2000AT&T via Scient
Technologies: TCL, SQL
- Led a team to develop infrastructure for AT&T's website.
- Created content management templates utilizing Vignette StoryServer.
- Architected database design for content storage and tool utilization.
- Mentored team members and instituted best practices.
- Technical Lead1999 - 1999iCelebrate.com
Technologies: mod_perl, SQL
- Held training sessions on use of mod_perl for start-up Holiday-based website before being hired on.
- Lead front-end development team in creation of website elements.
- Worked with DBA to architect and enhance Oracle back-end.
- Optimized site infrastructure and mod_perl configurations.
- Developer1998 - 1999Gemmy
Technologies: ASP, VB
- Created ASP/VB scripts for customer use.
- Interfaced with MS Access for custom report creation.
- Worked with business customers to gather requirements and perform data analysis.
- Developer1998 - 1998Travelocity
Technologies: ColdFusion, TCL, SQL
- Created pages for content portion of site utilizing ColdFusion.
- Migrated ColdFusion applications to Vignette StoryServer (TCL) infrastructure.
- Created internal tools for advertising placement, calendar and administration purposes.
- Assisted with development of portal infrastructure for co-branding Travelocity site.