IT Architect2014 - PRESENTAT&T
Technologies: Perl, Shell Scripting, Bash, Unix, Scrum, Agile, Jira, JNDI, RabbitMQ, JMS, Apache Storm, Apache ZooKeeper, Kubernetes, Docker, Apache Cassandra, TestNG, Jenkins, Spring, Maven, Jakarta EE
- Supported, maintained, and developed an SME for a custom service registry covering 7,100 unique production services and 200+ thousand instances from over 250 functional groups with automated service/microservice publishing via custom library and Kubernetes hooks, resulting in an approximate annual savings of $18 million.
- Architected an SME for a service registry Java library supporting http/s and JMS connectivity with geographic affinity and failover providing quicker response times, improving the customer experience and decreasing required developer hours by thousands annually.
- Generated multiple POCs per VP's direction to quickstart future efforts adopted by multiple teams.
- Supported and maintained big data for the service registry database utilizing automated backup, repair, and synchronization to ensure stable production and staging environments.
System Specialist2012 - 2014Bell Helicopter
Technologies: R, Java, PL/SQL, SQL, Perl
- Assisted with Factory Planner-to-SAP report migrations, primarily based in Perl/Oracle.
- Created an Android application and services to track shop floor movements.
- Expanded developer tool set by creating efficient core modules for batch access.
- Developed software infrastructure for quicker error reporting and handling and problem resolution.
- Integrated SharePoint document controls for automated report retrieval.
Technical Lead2010 - 2012Travelocity
Technologies: Cassandra, Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL, Perl, Spring, Java
- Led a team of co-located developers across three continents to create backbone services used by live site and external partners using Java, Spring, and Oracle.
- Led the development of hotel price feed storage and retrieval—a synchronized, distributed system that is responsible for hundreds of millions of records on a rolling basis. This single project had the highest conversion rate site-wide after launch.
- Integrated a third-party review system for hotels and cruises.
- Led the installation and development of NoSQL (Apache Cassandra) integration.
- Created and maintained ETL batch services utilizing Spring for service content population and verification.
Developer2009 - 2010Bell Helicopter
Technologies: SharePoint API, PL/SQL, SQL, Perl
- Created and maintained Perl-based Factory Planner reporting scripts.
- Generated hierarchical logistics tracking to detect MRP volatility.
- Create a Perl-based SharePoint API for report uploading and data retrieval.
- Create a client-side Perl/Tk application for detailed report generation utilizing Win32::OLE.
- Enhanced the .NET framework with smart batch uploading to Oracle.
Developer2006 - 2009Dresser Wayne
Technologies: Perl, Java, SQL, WMI, Tcl
- Created Tcl scripts for consumption of point-of-sale information and output in a standardized format.
- Created TWAPI/WMI scripts for monitoring of hardware statistics.
- Created scripts to interface with gas station gas price display signs via parallel ports.
- Assisted with debugging and maintenance on Java/Groovy reporting web interface.
- Enhanced core scripting framework by introducing additional efficiency.
Developer2006 - 2006Verizon Wireless
Technologies: Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), PL/SQL, SQL, Perl, JSP, Java
- Generated reports on wireless disaster recovery output to Excel.
- Assisted with JBoss/JSP intranet maintenance and page creation.
- Created custom VBA code to comply with customer-specific requirements.
- Created and maintained custom PL/SQL code that facilitated report creation.
- Handled internal customer interaction, requirements gathering, and analysis.
Developer2005 - 2006Performance Retail (Dresser Wayne)
Technologies: Perl, Java, SQL, WMI, Tcl
- Created, maintained, and improved Tcl scripts for ETL processes from POS machines.
- Migrated data to MySQL back-end servers.
- Created custom TWAPI/WMI scripts for hardware monitoring on-site at the customer location.
- Developed a direct price modification program to interface with digital price signage.
- Enhanced core functionality by expanding the developer toolkit.
Developer2004 - 2005Army Air Force Exchange Services
Technologies: SQL, PL/SQL, Perl
- Created a fully automated ETL process to handle all financial record migration to the data warehouse on a nightly basis.
- Modified existing PL/SQL procedures to enhance loading times dramatically.
- Created developer tools for performance monitoring and reporting.
- Worked extensively with customers to document project needs and architect solution.
- Won AAFES Award for Outstanding Work for work completed on this project.
Software Engineer2002 - 2004Travelocity
Technologies: Perl, SQL, Tcl, C++, JSP, Java
- Led a team of developers to convert the hotel booking path to Java/JSP.
- Created and enhanced existing developer documentation and UML surrounding hotel core classes and capabilities.
- Assisted in the migration of shopping paths for packages and hotels from C++/Tcl to Java/JSP.
- Created and maintained C++/Tcl pages in packaging/hotels.
- Assisted with architecture of hotel path infrastructure.
Vignette Technical Lead2000 - 2002Nokia via One, Inc.
Technologies: ABAP, PL/SQL, SQL, Tcl
- Created an automated template generator utilizing Vignette StoryServer CMS.
- Translated SAP ABAP reports to PL/SQL with a Vignette front end.
- Assisted with security optimizations for the existing Nokia site.
- Worked with a co-located team to enhance report and site capabilities.
Lead Developer2000 - 2000Service911.com
Technologies: T-SQL, SQL, Tcl
- Led a team to create site-building infrastructure that reduced sub-site creation time from weeks to hours.
- Utilized Vignette StoryServer CMS to customize portals for help content.
- Optimized database and T-SQL procedures.
Technical Lead1999 - 2000AT&T via Scient
Technologies: SQL, Tcl
- Led a team to develop infrastructure for AT&T's website.
- Created content management templates utilizing Vignette StoryServer.
- Architected database design for content storage and tool utilization.
- Mentored team members and instituted best practices.
Technical Lead1999 - 1999iCelebrate.com
Technologies: SQL, Mod_perl
- Held training sessions on use of mod_perl for a startup holiday-based website before being hired on.
- Led the front-end development team in the creation of website elements.
- Worked with the DBA to architect and enhance the Oracle back end.
- Optimized site infrastructure and mod_perl configurations.
Developer1998 - 1999Gemmy
Technologies: VB, ASP
- Created ASP/VB scripts for customer use.
- Interfaced with MS Access for custom report creation.
- Worked with business customers to gather requirements and perform data analysis.
Developer1998 - 1998Travelocity
Technologies: SQL, Tcl, Adobe ColdFusion
- Created pages for content portion of site utilizing ColdFusion.
- Migrated ColdFusion applications to Vignette StoryServer (TCL) infrastructure.
- Created internal tools for advertising placement, calendar and administration purposes.
- Assisted with development of portal infrastructure for co-branding Travelocity site.